1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks Too Good To Sit!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Feb 2, 2014.

1. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

I know everyone is happy now that we beat the lowly Mike Brown coached Cadavors....but we will pay the price in the long run by not playing our best outside threat in AB. I believe a good coach could figure out a way to get minutes for Lin, Bev, & AB. He has played his $&@ off on defense (his weakness) and made a difference in recent victories with his shooting. AB is the only one, other than Hardin, who makes free throws with the game on the line. All the fans wine about benching Parsons for a quarter and Lin on occasion, but what about being upset about Brooks being benched for the entire second half of the season!!! Once Garcia comes back, you will only see AB in the last few minutes of blowouts. What a waste of talent :(

2. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin and Beverley are just better at basketball. It's really nice to have someone of Brooks's caliber at the backup PG spot - lord knows where we'd be this year without him. But our real needs off the bench are a backup wing and backup center.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

First answer this:

How many coaches in the NBA today can you name who play 3 PGs in the same game on a regular basis?

Carl Herrera was being sarcastic; you know that, right? I suppose you are just one for hyperbole.

4. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I stopped at Hardin

5. Drphil

Drphil Member

The only team I remember who did that were the Knicks last year, when they had both Felton and Kidd starting. Prigioni would sub off the bench for them. When Lin played them, every match he outplayed all three of them stat. combined I think.

6. Lihao

Lihao Member

He can STAND and cheer for the team if he likes , the way Bev and Lin playing at the moment , no way Brooks should take away their minutes.

7. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Aaron Brooks is good when his shots are falling.

He can also playmake when he wants too.

But his three point shot isos, I seriously hate them.

Let the coaching staff figure things out.

They know better than we do, even though some of us act like they have coached professionally before.

Also, just to point out things, AB is not the only player other than Harden who made some clutch free throws.

8. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Brooks only fan? Now I've seen it all... Dude if you're getting your panties in a bunch over lack of playing time for Aaron Brooks then you sir need help.

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Would be nice since he is our best 3 ball shooter but our Perimeter defense is already bad enough. Check back after the deadline.

10. chandlerbang21

Better at defending And playmaking, brooks better scorer

11. newAge_Rockets

All that matters is the WIN. Team game, guys.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

AB has become the ultimate pro. Major props to how he has handled his role, and his time.

I guess Rox could play 2PGs, JH13 at the 3, CP25 at the 4 and let the 5 sort itself out.

13. quatin

quatin Member

I agree. Brooks should be part of the regular rotation. Lin off the bench is a back up SG half the time anyways. There's time for AB to play back up PG. It's crazy we don't even get him 10 minutes as a heat check.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What is even crazier is watch Garcia gets minutes when he gets back...but Brooks can't sniff the court when Bev/Harden/Lin are healthy.

Most teams play 4 guards, the Rockets do too...but that 4th guard spot is supposedly only for Garcia.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The best and most consistent 3 pt shooter on the the team needs to get minutes. The 2nd we call on him due to injury he drops 13-17 points easily.

16. nchan

nchan Member

I have to admit Brooks 3pters are such much better than Bev or Jeremy. He took some really tough contested 3pt shots. Bev and Jeremy, when their 3pt shots are contested, it always a miss.

17. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Winning the game is what counts....and we will win more games with AB on the bench and playing Bev and Lin minutes than otherwise.

Its pretty simple actually.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks is not only too good to sit, he is also too pretty for p*rn.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Seahawks fan?

20. yummyhawtsauce

thats mostly true, but I think Lin and Brooks or Bev and Brooks would work well in spurts as well, his shooting is a really valuable asset for floor spacing