1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks to Kings?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 16, 2012.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

What about Iasiah Thomas?

2. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

That's good news, at least we won't be stuck with a guy who's had problems with Rockets' management and will give up more points than he makes. We already have Martin & Lamb who can shoot lights out.

3. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

This is a terrible development for us. I'm guessing that second year player option probably made a difference again, as I cannot think of a possible reason why we wouldn't have jumped at an opportunity to land a guy that good potentially be starting PG insurance at little more than $3 million/per. Now if New York matches on Lin's deal (still likely), we have no point guard at all. If we end up trading for Howard, our starting point guard becomes... Chris Duhon. Great. Just great. :(

4. The83rdWonder

The83rdWonder Member

This signing could present another buy-low opportunity that Morey loves to pounce on: Jimmer Fredette. With the Kings' backcourt rotation consisting of Brooks/Evans/Thomas/Salmons/Thornton, Fredette could possibly be had for a cheap price.

If I recall correctly, Daryl has had a rather positive analysis on Jimmer-mania's game:

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1407/daryl-morey-qa/

Assuming that Dolan doesn't pull a Dolan and will let Lin walk, Jimmer could be a decent low-risk/medium upside acquisition that could backup Lin, which would please my desire to never see Courtney Fortson in a Rockets jersey again. Heck, they could even include a couple of non-guaranteed contract to bypass the 48-hour delay that would be set in place after waiving someone to officially sign Asik to an offer sheet, speeding up the process for Asik and the hunt for Dwight.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree that Jimmer would be a great addition to a Dwight Howard, Motiejunas, Royce White, Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb team. With a post presence, a spread-out floor, and versatile passers he could certainly play a cheap JJ Redick role.

I don't think that's a very popular opinion around here, though.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

How do you think we get Dwight without giving up a bunch of those players?

1 person likes this.
  7. AFS

AFS Member

How can that team exist? Wouldn't Martin have to be traded in a deal for Howard? Also, I think Orlando is gonna want Lamb...

8. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Jimmer is a BUM

The Kings drafted him over Kemba, because they wanted to sell tickets

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

JJ Redick is a bum too, so is Kyle Korver and Steve Novak, but if you can shoot the ball really well you'll probably have a job in the NBA for a while.:grin: