1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks, SG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 10, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, what is silly is the lack of understanding in Rick Adelman's system...there is no traditional PG, the PG has to pass, and score.

We have 2 good ones in AB and KL.....

Why not support that instead of making stupid thread after stupid thread because you are worried that AB will take over as the starting PG.

WHO CARES????

We won.

DD

2. trugoy

trugoy Member

Psychological projection - is a psychological defense mechanism where a person unconsciously denies their own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, such as to the weather, or to other people. Thus, it involves imagining or projecting that others have those feelings.

3. DaDakota

Trugoy,

You comment all the danged time about it, ALL THE TIME...you make thread after thread about the same thing.

This is not about AB, it is not about Kyle Lowry this is a HOUSTON ROCKETS fansite, be happy that we have two great PGs, when just 2 years ago we barely had one....

One star until you make a thread that contributes to the board and is not beating a dead horse.

DD

4. Happii

Happii Member

Aaron Brooks is a SG in a PG's body. His like Allen Iverson.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

What is interesting to me is we seemed to be much more effective defensively tonight over our traditional Lowry/Martin backcourt. It seemed like Lowry was able to play Allen quite effectively and Brooks at least held his own against Rondo while Battier did his normal thing. I'm trying to figure out if the scheme changed or Boston did a poor job attacking our undersized backcourt or whether it was the fact that we got some decent play from Jeffries coming in and scrambling in the paint over Miller being a fence post in there defensively. And I'm wondering if that small backcourt can be just as effective when they play other teams like the Lakers, etc. Would be interesting to see Battier on Kobe and Lowry take Artest and let AB duke it out with Fisher.

6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Ray Allen would have had a field day with Kevin Martin "guarding" him.

7. jopatmc

I agree. And Rondo seems to be able to use his quicks and length against Lowry better than he can against Brooks for some reason.

8. trugoy

trugoy Member

Defensively, Rondo is a perfect match for AB.

1. He is a very reluctant jump shooter, he basically doesn't want to shoot.

2. He looks to set people up on the pick and roll, so AB getting stuck on screens doesn't hurt as much because Rondo is looking to pass not to score.

9. trugoy

trugoy Member

Dude, just don't comment in my threads from now on if you feel so strongly about it. Seems a bit rich for YOU to call someone out for posting too much.

10. jopatmc

That is true.

11. DaDakota

Not posting too much, I would never call someone out on that....it is about the same subject......lord knows I have been guilty of that as well.

But you and CX are like on a Crusade about it.....and Jopa always comes in with you guys....

Just enjoy the fact that we have have 2 very good PGs with different skillsets and stop trying to pigeon hole them into some myopic antiquated view of what a PG should be.

There are multiple types and they are all PGs...

DD

12. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

more like Mobley and Francis

13. limitlessRox

limitlessRox Member

Lowry and AB are both a bit small to play SG. It would be stupid to play him solely at SG. I like the double PG team they played tonight. You don't have to label his position, just like Chuck Hayes is labeled as center but he really isn't a center. The way they play, it doesn't really matter who brings the ball up the floor in most situations.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Because they dont know squat about basketball. Norm Nixon played with Magic. Ainge played with DJ. Brooks is a lead guard.He's as much of a pg as Bibbiy was.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Ron Harper started with Jordan. Redundancy isnt necessarily a terrible thing.

Random bit, the '99 Spurs won a title with 35 year old Mario Elie and Jaren Jackson as their starting shooting guards! And 5'-9" Avery Johnson as the point guard who only made 1 three pointer the entire season.

What I'm saying is - whatever works.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

keep him as backup for K-mart and trade Lee, God I hate Lee, he is the second version of Ariza.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Lack of knowledge.

18. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

OR maybe you'll just make my point by posting them.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

If I recall, AB has started at the 2 guard before. I think it was vs Milwaukee. Rafer was at point, and AB was at the 2.

20. trugoy

trugoy Member