1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks says he's back with the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jul 18, 2013.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Trade sweetener/filler come Dec 15 :p

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Can't be traded without his permission.

DD

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Assuming it was basketballhollic that ripped me with "yokay" on this? Aaron brooks just got traded to a better situation, he was not salary filler. He is about to get playing time, which was my point.

4. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

You just got served.

Sorry, you revived the thread and I just had to figure out what was going on. :p Excellent prediction by basketballholic

5. basketballholic

The truth of the matter is Brooks ALMOST made it past the trade deadline. I'm not going to go back and find my quote but I did say he could possibly make it through the season if we were able to move Lin. Well....that almost happened in December. And it almost materialized again the past week. If Lin had been moved than Brooks may have possibly lasted the season.

1 person likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You do realize that if Casspi and Garcia hadn't been playing like utter trash he would still be here...and all he had to do was say no again. I guess he will get more PT there which is good. The dude was fine being an insurance PG...and is the best insurance PG you can find in the league.

I will give you your due for being right , but take a look at the circumstances. You're implying that he would be gone because the rockets don't value him or think he is a good player. I say the exact opposite. We would have had at least 5 extra losses if it weren't for him with Lin and Bev out constantly this season.

I have a feeling that what morey told him was that he would be able to sign here again if he just went and could far more PT by doing so.

7. basketballholic

NO he wouldn't have been here even then. He would have been waived and picked up by Denver. The only way Brooks stays here is if one of Bev/Lin/Canaan were traded or injured. Didn't happen. He's gone.

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Based on what? Again, you make baseless claims. I can support mine.

He stepped up every single time we called on him, played better than Lin did too a bunch of those times. I think you will find yourself as the only person on this forum that thinks that Brooks was not a good insurance PG. Tbh, he was a luxury to have.

9. basketballholic

Based on understanding why he was signed in the first place and on knowing that Canaan is the better player and that none of the other 3 point guards got traded. Even IF we hadn't traded Brooks he would have been waived. We balanced the roster with a wing.

Here's another one. Something you should know already. Ronnie Brewer is not finishing the season on this roster. Just a matter of time before he is waived and we bring in somebody else.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Brewer is a different story. I don't think he can contribute or do anything effectively.

How about this? Morey himself came out and said that AB was a blessing to have last year in the playoffs when Lin went down. Injuries are becoming too common, if you think he would have been waived after all he has done you are nuts.

You just cited in a previous thread that the only reason you were wrong about Lin was because a deal broke down in December. Well , you would have been wrong today also if AB just said "No" one more time.

11. basketballholic

Well, Brooks was a blessing last year. If Lin or Beverley goes down this year then Canaan will be a blessing too.

I would have been wrong about Brooks by a few days if Brooks had said no today. Maybe not even a few days. He may have been waived today if he had said no. Brooks did not have a long-term future here when we signed him. He wouldn't have lasted out the season here.

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Hopefully the basketball gods will be kind to us this year.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Hardly since I agreed he might get traded. Read the whole story. This all came from basketballhollic saying that Morey and brooks had some quid pro quo going on to get him salary as a favor returned when Morey didn't actually want him on the team.

14. afk

afk Member

I hope AB comes back again someday.

15. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

AB was screwed by Morey again and again and again...

16. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

HOW?! this was aaron brooks decision! he's trying to get playing time to make money this offseason!!! it's in his own best interest. Why do people always rush to hate on les/morey/mchale or staff people