1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks on Jim Rome Show

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ebu, Jul 9, 2010.

1. ebu

ebu Member

Im not sure what the station is in houston or anywhere else, but I believe this is a nationwide station, some guy is hosting the Jim Rome show and they have Aaron Brooks on there around 12:30 est time

just a heads up

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Rome is in the basement. So some guy is a local guy hosting it.

Dudes no Matt Jackson.

Anyway, that's why Aaron Brooks will be on the show.

3. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I think I read that that joker Josh Innes is hosting Rome today. Rome comes on 610 AM for anyone that doesn't know.

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Man, who even works at 610 these days. Haven't listened to them since they brought in that lispy lardass Lopez and Matt & Adam jumped.

5. Stew015

Stew015 Contributing Member

6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Nobody. Haven't listened to them since Matt and Adam left.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I flipped over because Dylan Gwinn was basically having the same conversation with callers over and over again and it got annoying. Josh Ennis is hosting "Rome" today. AB and Eric Winston are both guests. AB in the first hour and Winston in the 3rd.

8. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Josh Innes is coming off as a pretty big douche on national radio. If Brooks isn't on in the next 10 minutes, I'm shutting it off.

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Seems like he's trying to be as much of a substitute for jim rome as possibly, copying his style

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Brooks is on. Basically laughing at the D-Nozzle.

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Wait, Josh Innes is hosting the national Rome broadcast, or just having a local Houston 3-hr show while Rome is out?

Isn't Innes like a sports flash/third host type of guy? Seems strange that he would all of a sudden fill in for Rome on national radio.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

That was an extremely short interview.

13. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

josh innes is horrible

14. txmanincali

txmanincali Member

Is it me... or is Josh Innes trying to sound like Jim Rome? The pausing... the imitation of characters... even the sarcastic laughs... Its very disturbing to here him.

15. txmanincali

txmanincali Member

Is it me... or is Josh Innes trying to sound like Jim Rome? The pausing... the imitation of characters... even the sarcastic laughs... Its very disturbing to hear him.

1 person likes this.
  16. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Josh Innes is on his was up the sports radio ladder (not kidding), getting a lot of air time locally relatively quickly, and I think I can see why he was chosen this early to get a shot on the Rome show. I believe he's seen as a sharp, young guy with a lot of potential.

Aaron Brooks sounded like he just rolled out of bed with a hangover, and the interview lacked any sense of the dynamic. That's a Brooks thing -- he has never come across (in my experience) as a great interview. Not that I've seen or heard everything he's ever done (interview-wise), but that's my general impression. I LIKE Aaron Brooks, but have never been overly impressed by his ability to give an insightful interview.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Is it me... or am I trying to sound like txmanincali? The pauses... the imitation of posts... even the repetition... Its very disturbing to read.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

B-Bob spreading some love..... :grin:

19. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I don't really mean to hijack this thread and make it about local sports radio, but I just have to voice my strong dislike of Dylan Gwinn. I can't stand his show. He almost never covers local topics. It's basically a national show. His callers are the worst. Gwinn hammers home the same point over and over and over again as his callers call in to argue. Terrible radio.

20. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

Josh is doing fine compared to other guest hosts they've had in the past.

Good sub-pimps:
    - Jay Mohr
    - Sklar Bros
    - Jason Whitlock (currently banned from the show)
    - Petros and Money
    - Skip Bayless (although he hasn't hosted in years)