1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks=Next AI3 ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by landoo, Oct 31, 2008.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

No, but is going to play more minutes if keeps playing like he did last night.

2. Crescendolls

Crescendolls Member

AB's already shown his amazing light-speed as AI3. he has talent. I believe AB and Ron is the keys who can help our team during the hard time in the 4th.

3. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

Maybe in up and down speed. AI's lateral quickness is not human. Brooks isn't on that level laterally.

Aaron Brooks = mini Barbosa

4. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

AI = 1st ballet HOF

AB = led rockets in scoring in the 2nd year preseason

Lets not get carried away...

He's definitely a nice player though and it sure was nice having him back last night. :D

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Brooks is better than a lot of people in this thread give him credit for, he will be a big surprise this year.

DD

6. worzel gummidge

If he keeps it up I'd like to see him start no sooner than after the Celtics game.

7. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

No, he's a scorer. His shots won't be there with Yao, Artest, and T-Mac, plus he's not a floor general. His points and change of pace is perfect coming off the bench.

8. Simon Honeybone

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Well he's looking more like the Brooks from Oregon now. Those 4th quarter heroics reminded of his last game against UCLA. I think Brent running the offense next to him is really helping him out.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Good stuff.

BTW did you know Brooks was this good? ;)

Of course he's not AI material...yet. No one's ever going to say "That kid will be the next --" because they don't wanna sound stupid when they're wrong, but it happens.

All I can say is you never know. Unlikely? Yeah. But impossible is nothing! No one thought a backup QB like Tom Brady would amount to anything...

There's so many different ways his career could turn out. Hopefully he stays on to be a productive member on the Rockets and then maybe he can cash in big and get a starting job or a secure backup PG somewhere (maybe even here).

He's got something that's underrated: SPEED. The guy is so freaking fast. I think he'll be in this league as long as he's got his quicks. But again, you never know.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Very nice! :D

13. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

You're boring.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Brooks potential will only be limited by his ability to keep his dribble in the paint. All the great small PG's like nash, stockton, and paul can keep their dribble in the paint.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Brooks doesn't need to be as good as anyone. If he is HALF as good as Chris Paul, then he'll be good enough to start for us because that's the way the league is officiated these days. Little fast guys who can get penetration will draw fouls anytime someone breathes on them, so when we drafted Brooks we were just trying to get a piece of that.

If Brooks can drive, get to that mid-level and make an instantaneous assessment about whether or not to dish it out, pull up for the J, or finish at the bucket; then we've got on our hands something special.

16. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Personally, I thin|< the AI3 thing 1s 9uite (l3v3r.

:p

L00|k5 1i|<3 no1 90t th3 0P'5 l33t 4ngl3.

:cool:

17. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Or just blow past everyone and make an easy layup ;)

18. Asian Sensation

Brooks has shown flashes of goodness both at the college and pro-level. The talent is definitely there to be a solid player. He just needs to be more consistent just like any other player who wants to be in the "elite" category.

With that said .... to compare Brooks to AI is just ridiculous. I've watched Brooks since he was a freshman at UO and to see him even make it to the pros and done what he has thus far is amazing in itself so I won't underestimate him as I was a Duck and now he plays for my favorite team but AI was refined and basically a superstar from day 1.

The only conclusion I can draw right now is that Brooks sample size is way too small. He's only 1 game into his second year. This year should be really telling as to what type of player we can expect him to become but AI? Please....

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

brooks will be a great backup pg eventually he has all the tools now he needs to know what to do when. a great change of pace from rafer.

but comparing him to AI?

thats like lakers fans saying that Jordan Farmar is going to be the next Chris Paul

---oh wait I've already heard that from 4 of my coworkers

let Aaron brooks be the first Aaron Brooks thats all I can hope for/want

20. hokage5

hokage5 Member

I don't know if he's the next AI3. He's certainly got the quickness of a Devin Harris, but he will never be able to take 70% of his team's shots...thus he wont be an AI