1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks Is...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nuggets4, Dec 14, 2009.

?

Aaron Brooks is...

1. A Great PG

59 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. A Solid Starting PG

400 vote(s)
    74.2%
  3. A Solid Backup PG

71 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. A Horrible PG

9 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I'm a league pass addict. The problem for me has been I've been really busy these last few months with work and have only had 4 or 5 "veg out and do nothing but watch basketball" nights -- only one of which the Rockets played during.

But I get to see you guys on Wednesday when you come to the Pepsi Center.

2. rockets_fanatic

He is a solid Point Guard. Great scorer, average defender and average play maker.

3. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

4. raj87

raj87 Member

To watch Calvin Murphy in an NBA game, I have not been so lucky. However, I have listened to many men recall various stories of his toughness, hence I will caucus with Deckard.

5. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

I think he is a solid PG... He just need to be more consistent and lower his TO...

6. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

oh btw, what's up with the "body splat, lose the ball like Devin Brown" move that happens about once a game with Brooks?

I vote solid but could be great. If he could be like AI w/ less turnovers and a better 3pt shot, it could be a good thing.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

sorry for the late response didnt check this thread again till now

Parker (the better player of course and i think he maybe still younger than AB) is the most similar in size and skill to AB thats why I felt his ceiling is a Parker with a better jumper.

AB right now is just as fast as parker and can shoot the ball better, Parker has developed a better jumper of late but I dont know if he will be as good as brooks is.

Parker is still slightly bigger than brooks (AB obviously can do much about this) but not by a wide margin

What tony does REALLY well that Brooks needs to improve on are:

1. scoring in the paint/finishing in the paint...Brooks may need to put on some more muscle but Parker is one of the best getting into and finishing in the paint. AB needs to work on that tear drop that Parker has perfected because like Parker AB can use his speed to get into the paint anytime.

2. "Feel" of the game AB sometimes out there tries to make some poor decisions and takes some quick shots/not set shots ...of course TP went through the same growing pains so I think the more AB plays the quicker he learns this and doesnt try to split double teams he cant or make plays he shouldnt.

3. Passing....yes AB is more of a 'scoring' pg but parker is a scoring pg who has figured out when/how to pass the ball. AB far too many times gets trapped into the paint and tries to make a pass that isnt there or doesnt compensate for his size and makes a pass to the right player but doesnt put the right height/angle on it and it gets stolen (most of this is due to his small size) Parker isnt that much bigger than brooks (brook is probably 5'10, parker 6 foot) but does a much better job at passing in traffic in the lane.

I think the last two comes more with experience than anything...in his first 2 full season TP played a lot more than Brooks had so AB is still learning.

IMO Brooks should put on some muscle (if he can) to help out with being able to finish inside (contact and finish) and to help on the defensive end.

Thus i believe Brooks is a solid guard but his biggest weakness is his size...had he been 6'3/6'4 he would probably be a borderline all-star (given that his skill/speed are the same)

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

He's a solid starting combo guard; a borderline all star due to his lack of size.

9. BBstanley

BBstanley Member

i will say a good solid starting pg,but he will be a great pg soon,his improvement amazes me,and he is clutch sometimes too with his cold-blooded threes

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

i love it. Just last year as time would be winding down it would be a fadeaway artest/tmac three. Its nice to see someone actually making the shots before the buzzer. I think he did it twice on the shotclock and once at the qrtr.

11. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Always nice when a player who is "useless without his 3 point shot" falling still gives you 23 points and 10 assists.

12. plates300

plates300 Member

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

a good player who shows flashes of brilliance.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

exactly, shane/ariza/hayes aren't exactly going to get you great asst #s. Pistons fans acknowledge that he is better than stuck at this point.

15. BBstanley

BBstanley Member

and ya,he's getting quite a decent number of votes in the all star ballot,hopefully he will be able to be in the all star in this season or the next few upcoming seasons

check this short brooks highlight out by the way

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c40AjPd1ltI&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c40AjPd1ltI&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>