1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AAAAfrican-Americans will vote Trump because...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dmoneybangbang

Lol, no one believes Trump actually prays....

2. Nook

Nook Member

People that have been ****ed over a lot can tell when someone else is ****ing with them.... Really that simple.

1 person likes this.
  3. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The New York Times has a lengthy piece on Donald Trumps real estate history with the blacks.

‘No Vacancies’ for Blacks: How Donald Trump Got His Start, and Was First Accused of Bias

Time has a list of responses to Trump's Twitter self-congratulations over Nykea's death.

Business Insider remarks:
    There's a strikingly similar way Donald Trump has reacted to recent tragedies.

A review of the Republican presidential nominee's tweets found that in the aftermath of such events, Trump tends to reflect attention back on himself.

#63 JeffB, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I lost. The ****** won.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/6LlnWIjqVi">https://t.co/6LlnWIjqVi</a></p>&mdash; Broderick Greer (@BroderickGreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/BroderickGreer/status/769630316269035521">August 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Chicago violence is unique. The big factor is the cartels pumping drugs into Chicago. Legacy gangs left over from those Huge Housing projects that were torn down...75% of those Projects were controlled by 2 gangs. Those gangs are ruthless. They are worse than the LA gangs that killed so many in the 80s and 90s. Police presence in Chicago is not as strong as LA. LA used large show of force to control the gangs. Also do alot of community outreach. Bloods and Crips (LA gangs) set-up shop in Chicago, which has caused much of the conflict. The Mexican Cartels are also in Chicago. This a perfect storm of CRAP. Because guns are easier to get in Chicago (local law bans them, but you can go to Indiana and other states to EASILY get guns), there are more shootings. LA's distance from other states doesn't make gun importing as easy. The gang members are groomed from a young age in Chicago to not give a **** about human life other than your fellow gang members. Many of the older Gang leaders were put in Prison by the Feds, so now you are left with very violent youngsters with no Guidance.

6. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

It's funny, I had a roommate did not meet the stereotypical mold for the alt-right Breitbart crowd. Good middle to upper middle class Caucasian background. Salutatorian of his college, Valedictorian of his dental school. Really bright and hard working guy who is doing really well in life. Not at all the picture of the disgruntled middle class guy left behind by changing economic factors.

He thinks I'm crazy that as an Asian-American I don't vote Republican. In his words, as an overrepresented minority who isn't looking for (and likely wouldn't get) any economic or other handouts, my interests align better with the Republicans.

He doesn't understand, that I've had experiences where I've been made to substandard as a minority. That there has been a long history of prejudice and social injustice to Asian people in America. And while it's not particularly a significant problem in modern day American, Asian Americans still find it difficult to become heads of companies or even political parties.

So when I so obviously see another race just being shat on; it doesn't just upset me. It enrages me. That blatant racism happens in modern day America and black people get talked down to so obviously by Trump and some other Repubbies sickens me.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Name one thing Rome has ever done for us!!!!

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Any hope Trump had with Black voters....just ended with that tweet

10. Carl Herrera

The aqueduct?

1 person likes this.
  11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Sorry to disappoint you but every day he's gaining the black vote

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Obviously.

Trump talks to a white crowd about black voters

Donald Trump made a direct pitch to Iowa’s farmers in a speech here Saturday—and then pivoted back to his appeal for support from African-Americans, even though there were virtually none in the audience.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

14. Carl Herrera

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/lucymcbath">@lucymcbath</a> Here it is for those who missed it before it was deleted. <a href="https://t.co/HKI2wInLsP">pic.twitter.com/HKI2wInLsP</a></p>&mdash; CindyClementCarlson (@lmccarlson) <a href="https://twitter.com/lmccarlson/status/769616019086307328">August 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Trump's original tweet was deleted and reposted by a staff member after correcting the spelling of Dwyane Wade's name.

15. KingCheetah

He said 'Chris' one more time.

16. KingCheetah

Look up.

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Trump could barely mask his delight in this tragedy.

18. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I love how Trump mentioning this is him capitalizing on a tragedy and then liberals and blacks complain about how no one cares about the violence in Chicago. Make up your mind.

The same people who immediately cry gun control when a shooting happens.

I guess I'd rather Trump ignore the black on black violence in Chicago, that would be better right? Just ignore it like Obama does.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you willfully ignorant, or just truly don't understand?

He isn't criticized for capitalizing on tragedy because he cited an example of Chicago's violence.

He's being criticized because his first reaction wasn't sympathy for the victim, or showing that he actually cared at all about how victims of the horrible Chicago violence suffer, and their plight.

His first reaction was to highlight a tragedy for his own personal gain. Only after he was called out on it, did he mention the loss.

Not the biggest deal, but it does show where his thinking is.

20. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Maybe because he gets criticized for saying things like he did a couple days ago before this happened (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-street-you-get-shot-pitch-to-black-voters/) (https://thinkprogress.org/trump-on-black-communities-be-afraid-1fa3a1e40eb8#.nic84w6ya)

It's more of a frustration thing when he does this, he wants to make change but anytime he talks about it he gets criticized. And then when these things happen (terror attacks, Chicago crime) he feels the need to say 'told you so' to the people who said he was exaggerating or was wrong.