1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AAAAfrican-Americans will vote Trump because...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

It starts with jobs. Trump is going to bring back manufacturing companies and the African American community will greatly benefit from it

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, you really believe that BS? Trump is a con man and you are being played.

3. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Agree it's insulting.

They are and have been a loyal Democratic voting block because the Southern Strategy is hostile to them and they're smart enough to recognize that.

4. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

It's a great irony that Trump's supporters think of him as the 'magical negro' for the black community.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, sure....or they are loyal because they outcast anyone who doesn't vote with the party of choice. You'd be hard pressed to find someone more discriminated against than black Republicans. The result of that ridiculous party loyalty has been some of the worst places in the country for black people (or anyone) to live. The same people that enact policies that keep them poor and dependent on the government for survival are the same people they vote for time and time again because all they are looking for is the D or the R next to the person's name. Keep voting for the D and you'll keep getting the D......that said, this time around, there's no viable alternative really.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How will Trump set about implementing policies that will do that?

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You essentially said a bigot could run as a democrat and win. If there was a better republican candidate that advocated black policies, black people wouldn't vote just because that candidate was republican. That is what is insulting.

Plus, There is a reason you have party loyalty when it comes to black voters. Republicans don't think black people are essential and they don't think it's a problem.

remember this pic with Paul Ryan and his interns?

[​IMG]

If republicans policies changed you would see it at the polls

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, I said a bigot could run as a Democrat and get 90% of the black vote....because that's true. Of course the national narrative would suggest that they weren't a bigot if they were running as a Democrat and people would believe that. Hell Robert Byrd was a high ranking member of the KKK at one point and actively filibustered the civil rights act, but that didn't stop 98% of the black vote from going his way every single time he was up for election.

It doesn't matter who is running, the black vote will go to the Democrat no matter how bad of a candidate they are or how good a candidate is running as the Republican. The ONLY thing that matters is party affiliation. Hopefully one day that'll change, but I don't think it'll change any time soon.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

quick google search. Nice try though.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/03/02/at-least-robert-byrd-apologized-whats-your-excuse-david-duke/

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's because Robert Byrd apologized and changed his position completely though. It's not like he ran WHILE in the KKK, he actually had a pretty strong outreach to black america after his change of hear.

The Southern Strategy was a real thing and the GOP is going to pay the price of it until they stop courting those votes.

Any ways, this doesn't also explain how the GOP has been losing all minority voting blocs for a while. This includes the latino and asian votes. At some point you have to realize that there is some part of your party that is scaring away minority voters.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That just proves what I was saying. The guy was a racist his whole life, but Democrats wanted to keep voting for him so they changed that image. All the wrongs of his life instantly went away because partisanship. If David Duke was running for office as a Democrat, they'd change his image too and he'd get 90%+ of the black vote.

That's just the way it is.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So what is it about the Libertarian party that scares away minority voters? I mean, I understand why black people feel that they have to vote for Democrats no matter what....they'd face ostracism within their community if they were outed, but what about others?

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This election is going to be such a bloodbath.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, when you put up Trump as the nominee, you are just begging to lose the house, the senate, the white house, and the SCOTUS. Trump is by far the best thing to ever happen for the Democratic party. He was a loyal Democrat for almost all of his life, and now he's giving them everything.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is why I lurk the D&D...

I'm not going to argue with you. I've seen the Texans forum. You have a talent for continuing to argue when you're wrong.

The man was a racist half his life and then changed, apologized, then spent the rest of his life being supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and other policies that advanced the civil rights and liberties of people in this country. You think he was just faking it? If Donald Duke did that, yeah he would get the black vote.

People have the capacity to change.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8rbplxzjwdQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Anything to keep getting those votes LOL. Point is, if he wasn't a Democrat, the narrative wouldn't have been that he "changed". It would be talking about what a racist he was and that it just proves how racist people are for voting for a former KKK member.

People are blinded by party loyalty and it's sad.

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

you ****s happy now?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">My condolences to Dwyane Wade and his family, on the loss of Nykea Aldridge. They are in my thoughts and prayers.</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/769592508879892480">August 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's not how it is. He wasn't racist his whole life, I'd get that argument if his actions didn't speak for him. He later supported civil rights and fought for them.

Remember, it's not just black people, but it's all minorities that have been running away from the GOP. This is an important point to make because it invalidates this whole "They only vote because they'd be outcast." thing. There is an issue here that the GOP has to face and own up to.

As for Libertarian's, I'm sure they would. It's really hard to say because many people don't vote for a 3rd party candidate because they think that said candidate has no chance.

You have to ask if he was a Democrat FOR those reasons. Remember, that is what split the parties in the 60s. It sounds more like he was a democrat because of that issue and because he changed his mind on that issue.

In the end, Republicans have had an issue with Minority voters for a long time. They can either properly address this (and some thankfully are) or continue to think it's because of some group think.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Trump is just a tone deaf scumbag. Jesus.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You said "your party", so I wasn't talking about the GOP, I was talking about ANY party other than the Democrat party. I you are black, and you support any other party, you face discrimination in the black community. It's just how it is. The Democrat party found a way to own black people's minds after that the Republicans prevented them from owning black people outright and that's how they've managed to gain political power. When you enact policies that make people dependent on the government for survival, it's just another form of slavery. Food stamp slavery might not be as bad as other forms, but it's just as hard to escape.