1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A surging tide of fury

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Jun 4, 2008.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

irony

2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I don't think Obama's pastor is important. I certainly think his characterization of rural voters is important. I understand that Ron Paul had nothing to do with the racist articles, so it's not important to me personally, but someone dragging them back out cost him 7-8% of the vote in New Hampshire (and 3rd place ahead of Huckabee).

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

okay, there is a difference between what is important and what is perceived as important. obama's supporters didn't downplay the wright issue, they felt it was dramatized. which it was. obama's comments in San Fran were stupid and really i don't think you can find that many people to defend them. I defended the fact that they were taken out of context, but I am very aware of the fact that Obama played into the hands of Hillary as an elititst with those comments. I wasn't bothered by the "bitter" as much as the "clinging", which I thought were much worse.

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

That makes you more aware and more realistic than Huffington Post bloggers and Keith Olbermann.

5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's judged on his decision to call a racist his spirtual mentor...

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Answer the posts above, chico. Thx.

7. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

see, this is the problem i have with this feminist movement deal that a lot of rabid hillary-supporting women.

if you're going to play the game like a man, at least take the loss like one. stop b****ing, you got to play on the big boys' turf and you lost - get it together and try again, stop being such emo whores about it. hillary-supporters: if you want to be respected at least act respectable.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

A surging tide of fury
    ____

[​IMG]

9. qiao

qiao Member

Some observation from an outsider. I listen to Stephanie Miller/Ed Schultz/Rush Limbaugh/Bill O'Reilly regularly depending on what time I'm driving between home and school. It's a vast understatement to say that I've been shocked to hear so much in-fighting inside both parties during this primary season.

For the republicans, the guy who got hammered by the likes of Rush Limbaugh/Sean Hannity won the primary. For the democrats, the gal who got hammered by the likes of Chris Matthews/Ed Schultz lost the primary. So there're going to be interesting developments on both sides. On the Republican side, it'll be very interesting to see whether Rush Limbaugh can wholely and fully swallow his pride, stop attacking McCain and start doing his usual business, that is, providing unconditional support for all things Republican. On the Democratic side, it'll be interesting to see whether the Clinton supporters can swallow their pride and go back to normal business, that is, supporting a democratic candidate.

Personally, I think the democrats will have a harder time because unlike during the primary when the likes of Ed Schultz and Chris Matthews had all the power, it's now up to the Clinton supporters to make the call. After these guys dumped so much sewage on Hilary Clinton, I'm not sure whether the Clinton supporters want to let Chris Matthews and Ed Schultz to have that much fun, again.

Think about it. I bet Ed Schultz never thought about this when he was having fun ripping Hilary Clinton apart.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i don't think it's fair to attack McCain this way. Obama's pastor was worse that's McCain's racist pastor, and McCain's grandmother shouldn't be an issue.