1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Striking Question To Ming Haters

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crossover, Jun 19, 2002.

1. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

To all Ming Haters -

Because I could find little or no logic and reasoning evidence enough to understand the profound distaste and dislike for Ming, I would like to provide a simple scenario - a juxtaposition and question your take on Yao Ming.

-----------------------

There is an African American but living in China almost all his life due to his father's overseas job assignment. He is 7'5, near 300lbs. and has almost the wingspan of Hilario. This African American boy has a large lower base but rather small upper base proportionally for his size. He received a dual passport a few years back and has opted to play in the ChBA the last 4 years posting at least 3 blocks, 20 rebounds and 4 assists per game.
    Additionally, his scoring has been top three in the league, with a current free throw percentage near 80% and field goal percentage well over 60%. This African American is now twenty two and led his team to the ChBA to win the ChBA title last year.

The African American Paul King is the son of two former basketball stars. He is driven for more success and competition and wants to play in the NBA. He writes about dreaming of post moves and blocks in his journals and playing against the top players in the world. He has no past severe injuries, was given a healthy physical a few days ago. His height is not a genetic defect - it is natural. He speaks Mandarin fluently and has adopted the Chinese culture but can speak English quite well. This black man has led his team past several international and collegiate level teams and has finally cleared for the NBA Draft 2002 - many experts agree he is the top prospect (especially based on potential) and by far the best draft choice for the center position this year.

The Rockets win the lottery and the #1 overall pick after a dismal season of injuries and having severe gaps at the C and SF positions while playing in the West.
    ----------------------

Do you choose Paul King for the NBA Draft 2002?

If your answer has changed from no to yes, I suggest you look for
    the reason to hate Yao Ming from him to yourself.

That is all :D

2. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Paul King sounds like a stud...

3. almostReady

almostReady Member

It does not matter whether he is an African American or Chinese or Caucasian or ..., if he has lived his whole basketball life and developed all his BBall skill and sense in China's CBA, he will have a very very tough time in the first two season in NBA.
    Strange Thread. :)

4. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

I am a Yao for #1 supporter. As longas you guys take him that means he won't end up on my team. I suggest some of you guys look at some CBA tapes(yes I have) and you will see the VAST difference between the CBA and the NCAA. Its a big difference. 6'5 PFs are comon place. Not many 6'10 or better players very few with skills. Does it not worry you that ZhiZhi was China's top player and Bateer(sp) was the third best? Ah well, good luck on the Chinese negotiations. I hope you get Ming.

5. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am against drafting Ming with the number one choice. I am insulted by the stupidity of your post.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I knew they were cloning.

7. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I wonder what Francis and Mobley would say...

8. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I bet Paul King would wipe the floor with Yao Ming.

:mad:

10. almostReady

almostReady Member

I withdraw my previous reply. After reading the original post again, I found it is stupid, insulting and suggesting something.

Crossover, are you saying people make their draft selection based on Ming's country of origin or race? I suggest you better explain it to us.

11. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

this thread is dumb...there might be a few who dont want ming because hes chinese but ur taking it too far

12. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I think his point is valid and not at all stupid. It's easy to see who he is referring to by the responses he is getting. Suckers!:)

13. almostReady

almostReady Member

It's easy to see who sides with dumbasses and possibly racists. A*ole! :)

14. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

You miss the point. He is calling you a racist. Read it again and then read your responses and tell me who the dumbass is.

Man, all these new posters - I guess you have to take the bad with the good!

15. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I think everyone who posted in this thread gets the point Bball-Freak.

at least I think they do ...

16. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

almost --

You missed some of the posts on the board right after we won the lottery. A few posters wrote stuff that was clearly racist that I won't even repeat.

Having said that, I agree that this thread is a stretch. I don't think that the majority of the Ming haters are racist. But I do think a lot of them enjoy the attention their posts get. :)

17. Sugar Land

Sugar Land Member

Since when the relationship between a fan and a player becomes love and hate?

Man, the game is just an entertainment. Buy a cup of beer. Enjoy it. Since when the fans need to worry so much about how the coaches are going to select their players?

Do you do that to a movie (to select a star)? Do you do that to a restaurant owner (to select a chef)? Do you do that to the NASA (to select the next spaceship crew)?

What a waste of time.

Don't worry. Be happy.

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'll keep my 600th post simple.

a baller is a baller. and ming is a baller.

19. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

this thread might be a stretching it and definitely isn't applicable to a great deal of ming haters.

but i wont be vague with it, i am sure several people do not want to draft ming because he is chinese and only because he is chinese.

"asians are not real ballers or athletes"
    "ming is asian"

"therefore, stereotypically, ming will suck"

Racism.

problem is, "ming is a baller"

it is simple as that.

and btw, yes paul king was a dumb name but it sounded as close to yao ming as i could get in english names :p

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

My answer doesnt change. I still feel like the competition in China is below par. I still take Mr. King with the #1 pick.