1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Song of Fire and Ice: Book 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocks_fan, Nov 9, 2005.

1. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Yeah, SF literary nerd here I guess. Anyway, book 4 (A Feast for Crows) of George R. R. Martin's series came out on Tuesday. I plan on picking it up today and getting through as much of it as possible before I go back to work on Saturday. I've heard that it is more of a filler volume, as it spends more time filling in backstory for many of the characters rather than progressing the story as much as A Storm of Swords did. I've also heard the nasty rumor that Tyrion Lannister doesn't even appear in this (or if he does, in a very limited role). Seeing as how he's my favorite character in the whole series, this isn't exactly welcome news. However, Martin has said that this is basically a part 1 of a two part episode that continues into the next book, so we'll see how it goes. Hopefully we won't have to wait 5 years for the next book in the series.