1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Reminder on Perspective

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by perfectweapons, Jul 11, 2014.

1. perfectweapons

For all the terrible news we have received as Rockets fans lately I thought I would post this reminder. We lost out on a NBA Champion big man named Paul Gasol a couple of years ago because The Angel of Stern decided Chris Paul should not be traded to the Lakers. We felt screwed over and wondered if we would ever get a superstar here. Looking back you have to laugh because we then got James "Freakin" Harden and Dwight "Frakin" Howard!!!!!! Maybe this is a prelude to something better? As for being spurned by Bosh and Melo- They are who we thought they were. We are better off without them.

2. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I appreciate your optimism, but Bosh would have been nice lol. It's okay, we'll get through it. If we can get ca couple players in the next couple of days and then match Parsons, then I'll be happy.

3. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Contributing Member

We will be fine without Bosh.

4. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Something good comes out of everything. We will be ok.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

6. perfectweapons

Getting a top notch wing defender like Deng or Ariza would be really nice though. There is no other free agents worth pursuing next year.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am better now . . ..
    The Rockets are still a no worse than 5th seeded team
    As is

Rocket River

8. Raven

Raven Member

See my sig. I'm not freaking out over Bosh staying in Miami. People just need to calm the hell down.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Trade Deadline will be interesting too

Rocket River

10. perfectweapons

Besides look at the really Brightside. We got rid of Lin Only Fans today!;)

11. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Before lunch:
    -James to Cleveland
    -Jeremy Lin traded
    -getting set up for Bosh

After lunch:
    - company meeting to announce the company was sold
    -check back on cf and now no Bosh...

This afternoon has been one swift kick to the crotch

12. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

I think a lot of the anger stems from waiting and waiting, getting boned, and now having to wait even longer.

This was really an opportunity to open a window on a title run and we got shafted hard today.

Now more waiting...

13. sTWO

sTWO Member

Good thread. We got rid of our two most overpaid and unnecessary players this off-season. We still have the best Center and Shooting Guard in the league. If we can't surround them with value role players and win a championship, then we simply need a new coach.

Morey can find the value we need to round out and even upgrade the roster. Trust him to do his due diligence on guys like Anderson and maybe even Deng. He's proven he can pull rabbits out of hats time and time again.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Now we'll have to deal with the Morey "haters" who are just as illogical.

15. watashi315

watashi315 Member

And another first round exit....as long as we keep getting knocked out of the first round, we're no better than we were a decade ago.

16. Know Your Role

We're only seeing what we've been told. We only guess and hope. We've been blinded by our own expectations. Like Kuato says,"Open your mind." Something will happen. Daryl and his staff don't give up. We'll find a way.

Where are the insiders. We need some solace here.

17. perfectweapons

They are a really young team and they will only get better. I really expect T Jones to have a vast improvement this year.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

True

Rocket River

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I feel for you. Just breathe and get through the day.

You rank what happened to your job with the Rockets losing out on Bosh. You're a true fan, man!

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Its all good bro....... we have options... we will be ok. Patience is gonna be a key. We aint have Asik most of the season and lin was trash but we still managed to do good. Now its gonna be a youth movement with 2 superstars. I dont wanna match parsons, so we can have cap flexibility going forward... Durant, Love, Rando, Westbrook all coming up on FA.

The team gonna have a year together under their belt, and they are gonna get better individually as well. So that can go a long way for the team, especially with jones and daniels. We will see tho, we have taken a little step back, but lets see if they have improved. I know Morey gonna be working around the clock to make this team better.... I have a feeling they might match parsons.