1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A (recycled) list of some funny NBA quotes

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jocar, Nov 12, 2012.

1. jocar

jocar Member

Some of these are kinda old, but still good for a laugh... #8 still makes me lol :D

1) "We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees." - Jason Kidd

2) "Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points they almost always win." - Doug Collins

3) "What a pathetic play from a pathetic human being." - Bill Walton on Larry Johnson (Knicks)

4) Reporter: "Antoine, how come you shoot so many 3s?" Walker: "Cuz there ain't no 4s."

5) "Nothing easy." - Zaza Pachuia

6) "The new moron in town is Chad Ford of ESPN.com." – Mark Cuban

7) "That’s a cheap shot by a low-class type player. You don’t do that. That’s gay on his part. I told him that he was gay, too, for touching me in my private parts." – Francisco Elson

8) "Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious." - Charles Shackleford

9) “Our offense is like the Pythagorean Theorem. There is no answer.” - Shaq

10) "Once he learns the game, he's gonna be special." - Doug Moe on Hakeem after the rookie totaled 46/18 against his team.

11) "I don't mess with that cat. I'm pretty sure he carries a blade under his jersey." - Charles Barkley Barkley on Anthony Mason

12) "I never met a shot I didn't like." - World B. Free

13) "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

14) "The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot." - Bill Russell

15) "It's the kind of game that makes you go home and beat your wife." - Charles Barkley after a loss to the Bulls in the early 90s.

16) "I know what I would do if I were coach. I'd determine our strengths and weaknesses and utilize them. And it's pretty clear what our strength is." - Michael Jordan

17) Michael Ray Richardson: "The ship be sinkin'." Reporter: "How low is it going to go?" Michael: "Sky's the limit."

18) "We wish Jordan were 7-feet, but he isn't. There just wasn't a center available. What can you do? Jordan isn't going to turn this franchise around. I wouldn't ask him to. He's a very good offensive player, but not an overpowering offensive player." - Rod Thorn after drafting MJ.

19) "I thought LeBron James was just another guy brought in to help me score." - Ricky Davis

20) "This is it. It's for all the marbles. I'm sitting in the house loading up the pump, I'm loading up the Uzis, I've got a couple of M-16s, couple of nines, couple of joints with some silencers on them, couple of grenades, got a missile launcher. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett on the Kings/Wolves series.

21) “I’m bringing my shotgun, my bow and arrow, my four-wheel drive truck and four wheelers and run over him. It’s going to be the ultimate battle. He’s a warrior, and that’s how I like to play when I step between the lines.” - Brad Miller's response.

22) Marv Albert: "Eric Snow dribbles down and launches a three!" (Shot misses)
    Bill Walton: "What is Eric Snow doing launching three pointers? Can someone tell me when the last time Eric Snow made a three pointer?"
    Marv Albert: "Actually, last time down the court Bill."
    Bill Walton: "Oh...can someone tell me why Eric Snow isn't getting more three point opportunities?"

23) "No one in the building is sitting down right now!" (Camera pans to Joe Dumars seated) "Except Joe Dumars!" - Bill Walton

24) "The Boston Celtic home court advantage is one of he most powerful forces in the universe."

25) "Not a game, not a game... practice..." - Allen Iverson

26) "That's a cheap shot by a low-class type player. You don't do that. That's gay on his part. I told him that he was gay, too, for touching me in my private parts." – Francisco Elson

27) "I don't know what's wrong with that girl." - Reggie Evans on Pau Gasol.

28) "I really like Rafer Alston. We get along great. We have a lot of fun times together that I can't share with you guys." - Jalen Rose

"When (Jalen) comes over here, I'm going to give him a kiss. Not on his lips, though." - Rafer Alston

29) "And (Reggie) Evans — you talk about Vlade being a flopper? This guy is taking it to a whole new level. He goes down when the air conditioning comes on." – Rick Adelman

9 people like this.
  2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

looool. repped for the memories.

3. jocar

jocar Member

Yeah, these days it's just alot of politically correct "110 percent", "they were the better team today" "make more adjustments".....etc.
    Where have all the knuckleheads gone??

4. alfonole007

alfonole007 Member

Awesome thread. Keep them coming!!

5. nono

nono Member

The Jason Kidd quote was the funniest. Was he being sarcastic or just plain stupid ?

6. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

14) "The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot." - Bill Russell

:confused:whats wrong with this?

7. prs325

prs325 Member

"i dont eat a lot, I just eat all the time" Charles Barkeley

8. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

"I've been in the stands before" (Ron Artest after going in the stands to save a ball at Compaq Center and clinching a playoff series victory against Portland.)

9. macho87

macho87 Member

"We've been hearing the last four, five, six games in a row that we're the worst team since sliced bread," Steve Francissaid.

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

"Practice? Practice?"
    - Allen Iverson

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Should be memorable quotes, because some aren't funny, just statement of facts.

7 & 26 are duplicates.

12. mirus

mirus Member

Not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven."--LeBron

13. Lovemachine2000

I love Bill Walton for the giggles.

14. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

"SDL:FJKD:CNNNWE:CNWN!!!!HONJNO:N!HJTACOBELLASD:FHION!"

- Dikembe Mutombo

15. grape

grape Member

"Ball...just ball"

-Hedo Turkyglue

16. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Pretty much this whole interview.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HxcU0xVXrA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4HxcU0xVXrA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I laughed out loud pretty hard at this one.

17. prs325

prs325 Member

Lol
    Thats awesome... God is good haha

18. jbasket

jbasket Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6pMcXSixdVQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or this one...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mPLxRzFno4c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. tharges

tharges Member

Barkley walks into locker room....Stanley Roberts with trainer getting a massage on table. Barkley says "Stanley you would be one hell of a player if you could learn two words, IM FULL". Ultimate Barkley!!

20. mirus

mirus Member

shaq dumb comments should be on one of those funny lists