1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A realistic view of what this loss means for the series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, May 5, 2015.

1. roidrage

roidrage Member

REALISTICALLY WE LOST AGAINST A TEAM AT HOME WITH THEIR BEST PLAYER OUT...PATHETIC WE ARE THE LAUGHING STALK OF THE NBA

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No heart, no passion, no effort. This was a HUGE momentum game for LA. Harden is non existent against LA.

Clips in 5

3. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

can't believe we gave this game away. pisses me off thinking about it. F***!

4. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

Clippers will get Chris Paul back.

Rockets, on the other hand, will not be learning how to play disciplined basketball all of a sudden.

If they continues to rest CP3, we can beat Clippers without a doubt. But who's gonna guard him when he comes back? Which part of the game can we say, OK, we have advantage over the Clippers? Length? Rebounding? Shooting? Paint? Guard play? Coaching? Hustle? Heart?

It's a pitiful feeling, asking myself all these rhetorical questions.

5. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

I was at the game. I had nightmares of the Rockets throwing the ball away time after time after time. That was so utterly frustrating to watch. Such carelessness with the ball, bad pass after bad pass and so on. Unforced errors, lack of focus, lack of determination. Very disappointing effort by the Rockets, even more so when i pay $375 for a ticket to watch that garbage.

All those unforced errors is bad coaching, in my opinion. Mchale, please do something about it.

Ok, game 1 lost. Its over, nothing we can do about it now. Game 2 is the only thing we can worry about. Its obviously a must win and the biggest game of the year. I think the Rockets respond, get the win and go to LA tied 1-1.

This series is far from over people, we have a very good team, they just had a really crappy night, it happens. Terrible place for it to happen, but its over now.

Game 2 is now our season.

Lets go Rockets!

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This series isn't over. It's certainly not over more than the Rockets team that blew two huge leads at home and lost the first two games of a series in their own building. I saw that team win a championship. So I'm not going to throw in the towel because of this game.

But I will see that I think it's too early to talk about winning 1 or 2 in LA. Right now all of our focus needs to be on winning game 2 in Houston. There's too much talk out there about how the Clippers got their split, and are happy with that. Even people who are calling for the Clippers to win the series seem to be handing game 2 to the Rockets. I think that's partly how we got in trouble with game 1.

The Rockets need to focus on one game at a time, and making sure they actually game 2. Even though they are supposed to, we've proven that the game actually still has to be played before just giving out results.

The only certain thing is that we will have a game 2. It's not certain by any means who wins that game, or who wins the series.

This is a chance for the Rockets to grow and learn. Let's hope they do that.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, this game was embarrassing and unacceptable.

Series isn't over yet, but we need to stop f***** around.

8. roidrage

roidrage Member

Want to hear something more realistic we lost home court and even more realistic teams that win game 1 are more than 70 percent losers!!! Oh btw the clippers are not the mavericks#! Getting out of the first round is realistic...but that's all this team is going to do smh

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You say one loss does not end a series, but basically go on to point out in this case it kind of does.

If I'm a betting man, my money is on the Clippers to win the series.

But I wouldn't be shocked to see the Rockets win the next two going away, for example.

I don't think any generalizations can be made from game 1 except the Rockets played horribly... as they have done at times.

If the Rockets play better, they win.

10. roidrage

roidrage Member

I meant teams that lose game 1 lose over 70 percent of the time

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think we are a better team than the Clippers. We may have a better bench. But they have arguably the second best starting lineup in the league when Paul is healthy.

It's interesting that a lot of people rejoiced for a hard fought 7-games series the Clippers had to go through, thinking that it would weaken them. In reality, it actually toughened them. It gave them the kind of confidence we have not seen in those boneheads just a couple of weeks ago.

12. roidrage

roidrage Member

Clippers will win this series..we lost game 1 got blown out without Chris Paul that's a huge deal!

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree. Maybe it's just me hoping beyond hope, but the turnovers killed us. We could have ran away with that 1st half. It gets harder and harder to run in the playoffs. We made too many risky passing against a playoff-focused defense.

But, imo, that's fixable.

Keep in mind everyone...CLE and ATL got embarrased, too. This, "Paul hasn't even played, yet" card is a little overstated, imo. Teams often play with extreme focus with their leader is down. I saw a game where a lot of what happened, probably won't happen again.

Rather than "realisitic," this Paul narrative could be just an impulse of fans to write a narrative after each game, and then re-write it and re-write it, again.

I will say that I think we have an opportunity to exploit the defense that Jordan is playing on Howard. But Harden will need to get into the lane.

14. roidrage

roidrage Member

Lol we did not just lose we got blown out!!!

15. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

You don't have to yell, dude ... :rolleyes:

16. atwood

atwood Member

Harden had a really bad game, that's why we lost. Hopefully he could reduce those stupid turnovers in following games.

17. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

He was reduced to a game manager once teams figured out how to guard him without fouling. The turnovers just exacerbate his inability to impact the game.

18. roidrage

roidrage Member

Yeah I do

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The objective interpretation of the game is that the Rockets are just not nearly as good as the real contenders. The Rockets are no better than they were last season-- 50+ win team but a level below real contenders.

The Rockets got out of the 1st round this year because the Mavs are not very good and are screwed up with Parsons injury and Rondo drama. They cannot handle a real team with real, in their prime, elite players like Griffin and CP3.

20. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

Why is it the consensus that the Clips will sit Chris Paul? These are the freggin playoffs. The Clips and Doc are acutely aware that if they take both of these road games the series if over. Done. Like Vince Carter double-inverted-raptor-arm-throat-slash in the dunk contest over.

Why would you let your foot off the Rox throat? Why give them a chance to feel like they only need to split in LA to take back home-court? Why?

Because 4 days vs 6 days incrementally increase healing rate in hamstring injuries by some exponential figure that no one has yet cited?

I'm fading that they sit him. Doc is a pro in these situations. The Clips will be out for blood and to slam the door shut in game 2 and - for me - that means Chris Paul plays.

Riddle me why I'm wrong.