1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Potential Nightmare...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

..For opposing teams

Ish at point, Brooks at sg, and K-mart at small forward.

3 super quick, penetrating guards with two being able to nail jump shots playing off a playmaker (Ish Smith). A type of small ball not seen.

I think I am looking forward to Brooks return :)

Paired with more athletic bigs, this line-up would score at will and give defenses fits. There would be no way to double team Ish when he could pass to Brooks or Martin who in turn can drive and bust up guys on one-on-one coverage.

One of the problems with our offense in the Lakers series, and in other games since. Teams would take away Brooks ability to drive, and since he wasn't the greatest passer, it was effective to double team him.

With Ish and Brooks on the floor at the same time...they can play 10 feet apart and defenses will be forced to play at least one of them one on one. Double team one, and they can pass high to the other who can then beat their guy and leave potentially a 4 on 2 situation.

Perhaps it's a bit far fetched and impractical, but maybe people can stop thinking about trading Brooks and let Adelman experiment with this new found gold!

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

A Potential Nightmare.........

For the Rockets defense!!

4 people like this.
  3. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

yes sir

4. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

Defensively...

5. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

AB and KM do NOT appear on the court at the same time!!!!

6. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

this thread has potential..

[​IMG]

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That team would give up 130 PPG.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

IF your going super up-tempo, which I would be happy with, then sure but be ready to give up tons of points.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It all depends on what you are giving up.

On defense you are giving up jump shots for the opportunity on offense to get driving layups, dunks, and closer shots. Higher percentage shots should translate to a bigger scoring margin differential.

Afterall, that's what it's all about. Defense, Offense - the reality is that it's the differential in efficiency.

Our back-court defense is already weak. Plugging those 3 in certain situations ups the offense a lot more than the drop off in D.

10. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

I think there are stretches in a game that would be good for a three guard lineup, but I think Kyle would be the PG used. He's a little bit better at getting to the basket and finishing.

Ish needs to add a jumpshot and a layup to his game before getting serious minutes against a team that is above .500.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I thought this was a good thread; despite the fact that it's trendy to discuss ONLY how bad the defense is.

I think it could be a really cool situational weapon with a defensive anchor in the paint (Hayes - Dampier?). Do I think Adelman will use it? Nah.

12. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

On the defensive end, AB and Rockets would be killed by plain vanilla P&R. On the offensive end, AB doesn't know how to implement the basic P&R.
    So AB better come off the bench and do NOT play PG position.

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Dampier? Haven't heard the news?

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Every sg in the league would abuse Brooks. They'd simply back him down and post him up.

15. SkillzThatKillz

i dont think everyone should be able to start threads...

16. highlander3128

With this lineup, the Rockets will score 130 every game, but give up 150 to the oppositions. :eek:

17. alethios

alethios Member

I have an uber-fast rotation idea:

PG - Ish
    SG - AB
    SF - CLee
    PF - KM
    C - CBud

No defense - no problem. The object of the game is to score more points than the other team by the end of 48 minutes. With this lineup, scoring lots of points won't be a problem. Unless they go cold...then it's a HUGE problem.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We don't need any more scoring, we need defense and playmakers. Ish is the playmaker...

19. albuster

albuster Member

This. I was going to say this exactly as I was about to post.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Certainly couldn't be used against the Lakers with their bigs and Kobe Bryant.

But there are certain teams it could work against, and for certain stretches when you need an injection of offensive flurry. We tend to stall at times, something like this could be useful when we need to score and break down defenses.