1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A potential conversation b/w owner Alexander and Morey (re: letting Lin go)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WeLetLinGo, Feb 19, 2012.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

What would actually happen:
    Les: Why did you cut lin?
    Morey: Because YOU wanted Dalembert and we kept Adrien because he's at least a serviceable big body. We also already had Flynn as our 3pg and his contract was guaranteed while Lin's wasn't. Lin most likely wouldn't have had this much success behind Lowry.
    Les: I see, well make our team win again but you can't tank!

The end.

1 person likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who's a superstar in the making? JEREMY LIN?!? :rolleyes:

Name me a superstar who averages 6 turnovers a game. Oh, right they don't.

I'm a Lin fan but he's not a superstar, he's not even Rubio level yet, let alone Lowry level.

3. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

This Lin thing is really annoying now. Isn't there like a Linsanity board or something on the internet that people can go to instead?

4. Prince

Prince Member

Sorry, no pepsi for you.

5. houseofglass21

Too much time on hands...he has it

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Westbrook averages 5.5 TOs and 4.5 Asts...

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Blows my mind that he created an account just to post that. Must be nice to have that much free time.

8. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

Lin and the Knicks was a match, even if he still was a rocket nothing say that he would shine like he does with the Knicks now.

In some cases it's all about destiny!

9. dd89

dd89 Member

[​IMG]

At the Mavericks, Warriors and Rockets:

You mad

10. Margrave

Margrave Member

The Mavericks never had him under contract, he was on their summer league team I believe, and then signed by Golden State last year.

The Rox and GS are the ones sharing the egg facial.

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Yup. Nobody knows whether or not the Mavs offered him a spot in training camp because he signed with the Warriors.

12. moose

moose Member

good read.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

crap read.

If Lin fans are sooooooooooooooo boner hurt over us losing him then obviously take your ass to a Knicks forum and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

FAKE EDIT: Actually I hope the door hits you as hard as possible on the way out.

1 person likes this.
  14. ballclub

ballclub Member

In case you missed it, here's an audio clip of Kenny Smith calling out the GMs and head coaches at Golden State and Houston for poorly evaluating Lin's talent (he does it at the 40-second mark).

Per the original post, it's nice to see through Kenny's comment there aren't zombies out there who follow the line, "They didn't have enough time," or "They already had enough point guards," or whatever excuse. These kinds of mistakes shouldn't be happening in a Morey-McHale regime where they have the quantitative evaluation skills in Morey, and the Hall of Fame resume of McHale who you would think could detect talent worth keeping when he sees it.

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F37288154&amp;show_comments=true&amp;auto_play=false&amp;color=ff7700"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F37288154&amp;show_comments=true&amp;auto_play=false&amp;color=ff7700" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span></span>

Here's the transcript:

"To be a great coach or a great general manager, I don't think you have to be an x's and o's person (a great one). I don't think you have to have a great relationship with your talent. I think that you have to be able to EVALUATE talent. That's numero uno. If this guy fell off of everyone's radar, and <strong>he's been in your practice facility there working, and he can do this in an NBA game, you just don't have a great idea on how to evaluate talent!</strong> And so that means you're drawing up plays for the wrong guys. That means you're having conversations with the wrong guys!

So to me, the number one thing for a coach is to recognize who your talent is on your team….

(After the emergence of Lin), there are guys sitting on NBA benches saying, "See, I'm telling you. They don't know how to evaluate talent up here!"

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So... tl;dr Morey is Les's b****?

16. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

Here comes the sheeps.......

" **ck Kenny Smith, what does he know about winning Basketball?
    Can he crunch numbers? No. Did he drafted AB or Lowry or Bud, who brought us multiple championship? No.

So Kenny, stfu. You don't even have a pompous a** attitude so that all other GMs can ignore you! Hey kenny, you don't even have a school of idiots follow you."

Oh yeah... I forgot something.... I think in somebody I trust, can't remember his name.

17. jocar

jocar Member

op/thread sux. wasted ur time

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

i'd rather be considered a sheep than a delusional jock-rider who is totally ignorant of the mechanics behind the business side of this league.

the reasning has been said over and over, and they are undisputable facts.

i second the poster above, if yall are SOOOOO butthurt about the kid not being on this team....maybe switching over to a NY board would be more to your liking.

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rockets2K again.

20. ballclub

ballclub Member

Uh, he won an NBA championship with the Rockets in '94. Surprising a guy with a handle of 'FanSince93' doesn't remember that. :p