1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Perfect Circle

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chump, May 26, 2004.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I thought the show was great. Maynard and co. rocked the house. I still haven't been to sleep so I'll post more later.

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

was that the icarus line?

that incident occured at the hard rock cafe and got those guys so much attention and write ups. twas a pure genius move from a promotional standpoint. after that happened everyone knew who they were. ive never heard them, but i know who they are.

doubt they will ever play sxsw again though.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Damn I'm gonna hate to let go of this ticket after guarding it so close, for so long... :(

Friggin' excellent! The wicked looking trees that changed colors with the songs just added to the music, Maynard stayed on an elevated stage towards the back (no body paint, just the long hair in ponytails, leather pants, etc.), and we were one of the few cities that got to hear a Stranger, Orestes and Brena.

He mentioned twice that the show was being filmed and taped, but I doubt it's for an upcoming DVD or CD. More likely it's for the bands amusement, as he's mentioned this before at previous Tool concerts. He talked the usual 'think for yourself', 'vote' and added in a lot of Janet Jackson nipple talk. They've made a habit of throwing anything and everything at Jeorde during 'The Nurse Who Loved Me' (the song was different than the album...sounded more like a Tool the way he sang it) and it was damn sweet.

The only complaint I had was the security. We had VIP tickets up front and center, and these guards were all over everyone like flies on ****. I know Maynard doesn't like any cameras whatsoever, but damn these goons were going all out.

Excellet show all around. This was my third APC concert and by far the best due to the setlist. Tool will be going back into the studio come Fall, and I can't wait to attend my 15th concert by those guys. Maynard just friggin' kicks ass...

By the way, the scream at the end of The Outsider was worth the trip to the Woodlands alone. How the hell does he do that night in and night out without ripping his vocal chords? :eek:

#23 LonghornFan, May 30, 2004
    Last edited: May 31, 2004
  4. Chump

Chump Member

freakin bad assssssssssss

[Corpus show]

This was my first trip to Concrete Street Amphtheatre. Not a bad lil place for this type of show. I was dead center, about 15 ft back from the stage. I must say that the sound was the best I've heard at an outdoor venue. Perfect mix and volume. No complaints there.

I will complain about the drunk mexicans though who thought they were being funny by yelling r****ded things the whole show. They (the drunk mexicans) also insisted on moshing to everysong. The r****ds even were moshing to Vanishing. Security was invisible. Tons of pot smoking and cameras. Maynard told the idiots with the flash cameras to cut it out "cuz your ****ing it up for the rest of us"

another Maynard gem

"this song is heard better with your pants down. However, if your not comfortable dropping your pants, stick your finger down your pants and do what you gotta do"

the set list:

Vanishing
    Pet
    The Hollow
    Magdalena
    Weak & Powerless
    Rose
    Blue
    Thinking of You
    A Stranger
    The Package
    The Nurse Who Loved Me
    Gravity
    The Outsider
    The Noose
    Judith.

5. Chump

Chump Member

more Maynard being funny at the CC show

when introducing the band

"and josh freece, the best universal studio drummer in the world...according to teen beat....tiger beat comes out next week...we have high hopes."

and i forgot they did play brena and 3 libras but i couldn't remeber where in the list they came

What did yall think of Burning Brides? I thought they were good, they had a Black Crowes kinda sound. Their bass player was hot though, wearing a lil holter top with short skirt, good eye candy!

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I thought Burning Brides were alright, although there set was way too long for an opening band. They're getting trashed on the APC forums, but that's to be expected, plus this band is the same one that attempted to break into Stevie Ray Vaughns guitar case at SWSX to use his guitar in concert.

Bad karma...

7. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

Only redeemable thing about the show.

I don't get your Black Crowes comparison at all. They play Sabbath and punk influenced pop songs. Kind of from the same school as Nirvana, but more focused on the Sabbath influence than the punk side.

8. Chump

Chump Member

they sounded like a heavy punkified Black Crowes to me, of course it is unfair to try to label any band's sound, APC is undefinable to me