1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Path To LEBRON

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I hate people posting Lebron deals to Houston as much as the next guy. I hate them because I never once read one that I thought was possible. And you can probably throw this one in that group just as well. But Hear me out for a second before you do. I have being reading articles from Wilbon and tweets by Rose and other but believe it or not it was Something Stephen A. Smith wrote that got me thinking...

After reading that article by SAS in which he flamed Bosh and made Lebron come off as the only one that’s about winning I came to conclusion that SAS’s only source for the bold predictions and then the retractions had to be lebron or someone high up in his entourage. Of course that me be a big leap to take with a guy like SAS but the fact is he makes a living reporting. And the more scoops he gets the more respected he is and the more money he commands. It behooves him to deliver true newsflashes. A lie makes you look stupid and gets you kicked off of ESPN. So I believe he had a credible source and that credible source would not have been from Miami but one of the 3 amigos. And since in his article he is trashing Bosh and to a lesser degree Wade I deduced that some on Team Lebron leaked the info to SAS.

Now what does that have to do with lebron to Houston. Well let me tell you. First off in my opinion unless Toronto refuses to Snt with Chicago, Bosh and Wade will end up there. Why else would Wade and Bosh be dining together and taking meetings there and Wade on a second long meeting and then Chicago trades Deng for a back up center so Bosh doesn’t ever have to play center. It’s a pretty close to done deal IMO. And to add a little insult to Lebron they have offered him a deal and actually gave him an ultimatum, “Take it by tomorrow or lose it”. Why the rush/ Because they don’t believe he will and they don’t want to wait around and lose Bosh and Wade in the process. That’s a major insult to lebron and his team. And you bet he will say F you to the Bulls tomorrow and then the Wade/Bosh campaign begins.

So again you may ask what does this have to do with Lebron to Houston. Well SAS was right about one part Lebron is about winning and his Legacy. I would put money ahead of those for him but the other 2 are important. So now Lebron reads a tweet by Jalen Rose saying Wade and Bosh have decided to compete against Lebron. It makes me think Lebron may have broken of from the triple trio triangle. That’s insult number 2 (or 3 if you count the fact that Bosh wanted max money when wad and Lebron were willing to take less.)
    Anyway by now Lebron is fed up with the trio Wade and Bosh buddying up in Chicago and tells SAS “F Miami, there aint gonna be no Miami!”.

But where does that leave him. He is sitting in Cleveland and trying to figure out how he can beat the Celtics and now Chicago there. He would love to put the team that does it and does it again but the reality is the Cavs aren’t as good as they were last year. So he either has to believe Byron Scott is going to make the difference or look elsewhere.

Where else? Forget Miami they are garbage now. The Knicks have amare now but Gallo hasn’t proven anything and Curry isn’t NBA ready. He would have to believe so strongly in his talents to choose them. I actually would admire him if had that much confidence in himself. Okay so what about New Jersey. They’ve got Lopez and Harris. It’s not that much of a drop but after that your looking at a rookie named Favors. And then you have to play in the Meadowlands for 3 more years. (that’s along time… he could stay in Cleveland for 3 more years and then look for a deal). The key is can he win a championship with any of those teams. The answer is NO.

So where can he go. How can he beat the Lakers and Celtics or Chicago for titles. The answer is simple either go to Boston, LA or Chicago directly or pick another team that you could be more than enough to put you over the top. And since going to those other teams is near impossible Houston becomes the wise choice. Come on he has to know how good we are when Yao’s healthy. He’s WITNESSED us kick their butts without Yao and Tmac last year and we are better now. The Cavs have already said they won’t do a SnT in the east but were in the west. If he wants to go global there is no better way than Houston. He will gain much more fame in China than any other way possible and with 300 million basketball fans that’s a lot of fame!

So what’s stopping him from picking the Rockets. Well I always got this gut feeling that he isn’t crazy about our town. And his entourage won’t get the VIP treatment like in Cleveland. And the bottom line is he may just decide win or lose I am going to do it in Cleveland. But the fact is I see a path and a reason for him to come to Houston that I never really saw before.

2 people like this.
  2. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Pointless thread is pointless.

1 person likes this.
  3. YaosDirtyStache

This could have gone in the other LeBron post but I think youre right, too bad Houston doesnt get enough media coverage because he would actually consider us...not that Cleveland is in the news outside of him....and he is only in the news because hes a great bball and a jackass.

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Pointless post is pointless.

5. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Fits the theme doesn't it?

:)

6. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Good thread, but i think the mavs could make the same pitch ( w/o the china part however) bc they have assests for a SnT and lebron already likes dallas from what i hear so i wouldnt be shocked if he wanted to go to dallas, if lebron said he wants to play in dallas Cuban will do w/e he can to get him there

7. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

What is all this? I thought Cleveland made it clear from the beginning that they would NOT facilitate a sign & trade for LeBron James. Big reason why James isn't meeting with teams without outright cap space.

SAS has made a total douchebag of himself before and he's doing it again to get folks roused.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Cavs have made it clear they will not do a sign and trade for Lebron James.

Imagine the outrage by their fans.

9. LeoUnot

LeoUnot Member

very good read, it gives me hope for bron..but this is just a theory based on rumors..

10. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

When was Deng traded ?????????????????????????????

11. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I've been having these same thoughts since I came home tonight and weeded through the latest news.

I think if Morey can just get in a room with LeBron, he can sell him on coming here.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Nice try, but there's a couple of points against this line of thinking and they are almost absolutely prohibitive based on what I've heard.

1. Toronto as of now is NOT going to do a SnT with Chicago. It looks strong enough to preclude Chicago from even going after Bosh and perhaps turning to a cheaper option like David Lee.

2. Cleveland will NOT do a SnT of Lebron to go anywhere. They've said as much and stood by their point. And honestly if I was them I wouldn't either. If Lebron leaves he is going to be leaving that city in shambles no matter what they could potentially get back in a SnT deal, so why not just toe the line without budging and increase your chances of having him re-sign by removing from him the options of signing with a team that has no cap space and cannot offer him the same amount of money?

If it does proceed as you say that Chicago takes Wade and Bosh, that leaves in my mind only Cleveland and New Jersey as options for Lebron. In NJ they wouldn't be ready yet but they'd have enough assets to move forward better than Cleveland could, but Cleveland has the hometown factor going for it.

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Unlike the Toronto, Cleveland doesn't seem interested in SnT so far. If Bosh + Wade go to Chicago, I'd imagine the Nyets+JJ? Or the Knicks+Amare would look enticing to him.

14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

^took to long to quote and type, agree with you Spacemoth.

15. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

You shouldn't have wasted your time. Cleveland already said they aren't going to sign and trade Lebron. End of story. It can't happen.

16. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

We need more people like you.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I actually had hopes for this thread...but it was too much and too long...all you needed to say was this:

What if the trio doesnt work out and lebron ends up on the outside of those two, wouldnt houston be a good choice because of the s&t assests and talented core?

that's all you mean and i guess it's possible, but its been considered before...it's not some kind of special path that hasn't been considered or thought of as you try to paint it.

and you neglected to consider one scenario that's actually in that link you quoted...Lebron can end up in NY, not with just gallinari and curry and scrubs, but with Joe johnson and amar'e. That changes everything, he's not signing up to play with scrubs, but 3 allstars. Remember the point was he was "all about winning"...if that's true he'll give up some cash and take the 3 for 1 deal the knicks offered. It says both JJ and stat will give up money to play with Lebron....

-----
    And what's up with the "cleveland won't s&t"???? Of course they will! But they are not going to admit it, like Toronto and basically have other teams drawing up sign and trades and having lebron making demands of who to trade with....thats too much leverage for everyone but cleveland. Fan outrage? Fans arents going to be upset at the team that LEBRON made a grown up decision to leave. It's lebron who they will hate for not waiting it out and trying to keep going in Cleveland. Sure he had nothing to wait for, but fans don't understand that. He'll be the one hated. now if the team just lets him walk, they'll be hated too. It'll be years andyears before the draft will make them competitive. They have no assets to get all-stars and good reol players back. they have no appeal our surrounding talent to attract FAs like chicago, miami, and NY. They have no choice but to rebuild on the fly. They need to say, hey we lost lebron, but dont worry, we got these picks and young talent, we'll be back in no time.

we should know better because we're in the same boat. FA stars don't come here because we appeal to them base don history and greatness...We draft them, then use that to trade for them and once we got one we can attract others, but we dont have a history or being able to attract an established star with a gutted team. It doesnt happen here and it wont happen in cleveland.

so they'll wait it out....they'll let lebron believe he can only forfeit his 30 mill and at the last second they will reconsider a S&T, hell they may even suggest it...why? Because by then Lebron will have decided not what the best option is, but what the best option is for 30 mill less...that puts that team in a vulnerable spot because if Cleveland all of sudden considers a S&T they know Lebron could change his mind and go back to his best option for 30 mill more...so they'll have to quickly strike a deal and make it a good one so cleveland just signs the dotte line without shopping elsewhere.

what if lebron says hold on, im going with the 30 mill + team instead? Well, there's still leverage there for cleveland. Either give them a good deal or they'll take a sign and trade off the table. Lebron loses out on 30 mill and goes back to his initial option/team and this new team loses out on a chance they though they was gone. So they too have to quickly strike a deal, a good one, to take advantage of a limited time offer.

What's the difference between that happening now and later? That lebron will have made a choice. The negotiations are much different once he commits and is completely ready. You know what he'll take and from what team and use to to gain leverage on the teams , not lebron. Lebron now will be caught between those two options, which arent known now, and that's the difference. He'll have shown his hand...that's why Cleveland will wait...

18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

It ain't happening bro, he'll stay in Cleveland.

19. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

I REALLY DO THINK THE ROCKETS COULD PULL THIS OFF I MEAN MIAMI HAS A LONG WAY TO GO BEFORE CONTENDING.Y?SIMPLE,(MIAMI) THEY HAVE 3 GUYS UNDER CONTRACT THE REBUILDING OF THAT TEAM HAS TO START FROM SCRATCH.iTS NOT AN OVERNIGHT DEAL.(NJ)REALY? HARRIS AND LOPEZ MIGHTEST WELL BE BROOKS AND YAO A MUCH BETER DUO WITH BETTER PLAYERS ON THE TEAM.(NY)LAST TIME I CHECKED EVERYBODY LOVES TO PLAY AGAINST THE KNICKS NOT WITH THEM, NOT TO MENTION THEY HAVE CURRY STILL ON THIS TEAM WHOS A COMPLETE CANCER.(CHI) VERY DEADLY TEAM IF THEY COULD GET LEBRON AND BOSH OR WADE BUT WHEN ALL SAID AND DONE EVERYBODY IS ALL ABOUT 2010 FA BUT WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT D.ROSE IS GOING TO DEMAND A RAISE HE STILL UNDER 1ST ROUND PICK CONTRACT AND FOR A PLAYER THAT GOOD A CONTRACT LIKE THAT WONT LAST.CHICAGO WOULD BE STCUK WITH A DECISION THAT WOULD INVOVLE DEALING D.ROSE & KEEPING BOSH,LEBRON,WADE OR VISE VERSA.(HOU)BIGGEST INTERNATIONAL TEAM IN NBA BASKETBALL TODAY.LEBRON IS ABOUT THE MEDIA,ENDOURSEMENTS EST. 300MILLION PEOPLE IN CHINA THATS ALOT OF FANS NOT TO MENTION HE WOULD PLAY ALONG SIDE ONE OF THE BEST CENTERS IN THE LEAGUE IN YAO.ALSO HE IS BEST BUDDIES WITH TREVOR ARIZA OH AND LAST TIME I CHECKED HE WAS COOL WITH DRAKE WHO SPENDS MOST OF HIS TIME IN H-TOWN THAT BEING HERE IS WERE IT ALL STRATED FOR HIM.A LINEUP WITH BRON BRON WOULD CONSIST OF BROOK,MARTIN,LEBRON,SCOLA,YAO.WHO TURNS THEIR BACK ON SOMETHING LIKE THIS???ITS ABOUT WINNING MONEY WILL COME AND GO BUT CHAMPIONS ARE NEVER FORGOTTON.IF LEBRON IS SMART HE WILL COME TO HOUSTON.CHICAGO IS ALMOST THEIR BUT THEY SEEM DESPERATE NY,NJ,MI HAVE NO CHANCE ESPECIALLY WITH THE AMOUNT OF PLAYERS THEY HAVE PATHETIC.

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The bottom line is IF WE GET BOSH HERE MOREY IS STILL GOING AFTER ANOTHER SUPERSTAR.