1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A&M Football Recruiting

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Greg#3, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

First off, I wasn't sure if this topic should go in here or the hangout forum, so I'm putting in here because it is about Texas sports. Anyways........

A&M is kicking some A$$ in recruiting this summer!!!!!!

12 recruits for '03 + Anthony Wright has now signed with A&M to play for them next year. He had signed with Colorado but his official visit to CU happened the same weekend as the "wild party" and he wouldn't talk about the incident at school. I just read that he has signed with A&M, after visiting A&M and Oklahoma in June. I saw him June 20 but of course he didn't say a word about not going to Colorado. In fact, I asked him when he was leaving for Boulder and he replied, "I'm not sure yet." I should have realized something was up because he would have known by then when he had to report. Anyways, I'm mucho happy that he's going to Aggieland because he is an awesome WR and might play next year, given the current state of condition for the A&M receivers.

Back to the class of '03, RC, love him or hate him, has done a fantastic job of early recruiting and the results are really paying off. Of the 12 recruits, 9 are on Dave Campbell's "Super Teams", including high school phenom, Drew Tate.

Maybe's it the great recruiting job RC has done, or maybe it's because Anthony is now going to A&M, or maybe it's just becasue I'm going up to College Station tomorrow, but whatever the reason is, I'm really excited about the future of Aggie football.
    ----------------------------------------
    Also, I'm meeting with the A&M SID on Wednesday to try and get a job with the athletic department. Does anybody have any idea what kind of jobs are avaliable for students? Surely someone worked for an SID's office while in college, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on what to expect. Thanks.

2. Greg#3

Greg#3 Member

Sorry, but I got d/c when I hit the "Submit" button and I hadn't realized that it had gone through. If the moderator could just delete this entire thread, I would appreciate it.