1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A lot of guys are eating crow tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’m not disagreeing with the positivity, and PJ most definitely showed out tonight, but the part that I quoted is very out of context. James taking all those shots previously was very necessary. And James almost always feeds the open man. You watched the Denver game. You’re telling me you didn’t notice any difference? They clearly doubled Harden every possession forcing him to give it up and forcing someone else to step up, and more than one person did that.

James Harden is ridiculous. Made all the right plays. Good job Clint and PJ and Green for making them pay.

RiceRockets likes this.
  2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

PJ is like 8 mil a year. What he brings as far as chemistry and knowledge is worth the price even if his game is off a little. It isn't like a cp3 were he sporadically plays but is worth 1/3rd of your entire team's roster.

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

A lot of guys are eating p***y tonight, too.

I'm sorry that was unnecessarily crude and completely irrelevant to the conversation.

I apologize.

4. jsingles

jsingles Member

You waited until AFTER he had a great game to post this? After?

Wow, we got us a modern-day Nostradamus here. Here's what I'm going to do, I'm going to wait until after the Super Bowl here in a few weeks and then create a thread stating how obvious it was the winner would be the winner and how idiotic everyone else was for thinking anyone else would win.

RiceRockets and hakeem94 like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, I will not agree about the Golden State game, and yes I liked his teamwork much better in the Denver game. That was team ball all the way. I loved it. Our other guys had the chance to show what they are capable of.

#45 deb4rockets, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  6. YaoMingsSoulja

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY TUCKER WITH A 3!

The guys a tank. We have 2 tanks on this team, Harden and Tucker. Durable players, gotta love em.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THICC BROTHERS

YaoMingsSoulja likes this.
  8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Sure. I’m not knocking it. I love it too. But a lot of those opportunities would not have happened if Denver didn’t play the type of defence they played. Our offence didn’t flow like that against Golden State because Warriors didn’t full press Harden and then double him soon as he got past half court on EVERY play. You must see that.
    In essence, Harden was consistent in that both games he played what the defender gave him.

vlaurelio likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I addressed all those issues many times before the game. The eating crow came later.

10. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Tucker himself said he's been playing like trash recently

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

LOL. This is Clutchfans, where there are two temps for some of these posters. Love or Hate. It was like clockwork every year with Ariza. He would play his ass off with defense and nail clutch 3s- everybody would love him. Then when he slumped, those posters turned on him immediately and demanded Moreknee trade him.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This thread is rich, considering OP's username only sticks out to me as being one of the more vocal Harden critics on the board. I hope the crow entree feeds two.

Zoplicone and vlaurelio like this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep OP upto this day still believes Harden a a selfish chucker stat padder

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I never said anything bad about PJ during his slump but slump or not house can still take some of his minutes. He's is aged and should not be averaging over 35 mins a game.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I have praised Harden as well as criticized him, and think he has really improved his defense this year. I love that he is leading in steals, and putting in the hard work after practice mentoring our young guys. I love that he isn't injury prone, and that he never wants to stay on the bench. I love how great of a passer he is, and have said he is the only consistent scorer on the team. But, I am not a fan of him trying to do it all himself, especially when guys are hot from behind the arc and he is taking 17 shots from behind the arc himself. I just don't like too much of the ISO ball and slowing the game way down. That's my preference. I loved they style of play we did on Denver, when James used his great passing skills to get the ball to the open man more, and we played faster pace team ball. Sure, James is our best shooter, but feeding open players is sometimes a better option for scoring, and last night was proof of that. There will always be those who disagree with me on this, and that is fine, but it has nothing to do with eating crow on which style you think works better.

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah, I think that would be good too. Let PJ get more rest, and keep him healthy. I'd like House taking some of Ennis' minutes too. Im really excited about how good House can be with more time playing with such great mentors in James and CP3. The Warriors really screwed up letting him get away, and we got a great pickup with one of our own Houstonians who is H-Town through and through.

17. Chamillionaire

I think it's pretty obvious, we take what the defense gives us. It's just a matter of execution and hitting the shots. When they man up James, he takes them iso and when the help comes, he either passes to the open man or takes the shot. It takes a special player to make all the right reads. I'm not even sure if LeBron could even do that.

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yes, sometimes I do think he plays selfish ball. I never said stat padder though. I don't think it's about that as much as I think he just loves doing it all himself. Sometimes I think he is just so tired from playing so many minutes that he slows it down for that reason, and it becomes the ISO ball game. Team ball, passing more, feeding the guys who are hot, and picking up the pace is ultimately on the coach though.

19. biff17

biff17 Member

Shots fired.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

which superstar who can lead this team to wins/success same as harden at the same time is not as aggressive or "selfish" as harden by your standards?