1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Late Night Escape in Taipei - Jeremy Lin ft. David Lee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SolidClan, Sep 6, 2012.

1. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

The video wasn't sponsored by anyone. The reason it looks so professional is b/c apparently the the CNN producer that was following him in Taiwan directed it. No idea who Joyce Tsang is though?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Jeremy Lin video was obviously scripted thru the Hello Kitty scene, but after that, ALL REAL! Every second. And Nike had zero to do w/ this.</p>&mdash; Pete Radovich, Jr. (@PeteRadovich) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteRadovich/status/243809657288802304" data-datetime="2012-09-06T20:35:26+00:00">September 6, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Love that bloggers think Nike secretly paid for this. I'll take that as a compliment. No Nike. No Volvo. No sponsor. Just me &amp; Joyce Tsang!</p>&mdash; Pete Radovich, Jr. (@PeteRadovich) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteRadovich/status/243829766690582528" data-datetime="2012-09-06T21:55:21+00:00">September 6, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Cool video

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

it was just ironic that everyone had on nike/jordan in the video.

4. conquistador#11

why? isn't that where little kids assemble them, nike/jordan?

cool video!

5. kinein

kinein Member

lol, Taiwan is actually a electronics manufacturing superpower, specifically high-technology.

It also holds the 2nd largest tech trade show in the entire world.

1. Taiwan is the world's largest supplier of contract computer chip manufacturing (foundry services)

2. LCD Panel leader

3. Taiwan's economy can also be mentioned in the same breath as - IT & Semiconductor Industries.

Though if you need some Nikes I'm sure that you can find some at your nearest retailer or online on sites such as amazon.com! Though if you have a fetish for little kids making you things, I'm sure you can camp outside an elementary school with a sign over your head recruiting new sneaker makers for your growing business! :grin:

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Why are people worried about the rim height? He didn't do anything spectacular, other than dunk and catch and alley oop. He's done it during the season. As huge as he was, i'm surprised he still surprises people.

#26 RV6, Sep 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  7. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Unless he does it in-game, he hasn't proved to anyone that he can really dunk on an NBA level. Once or twice doesn't count. Insufficient sample size.

8. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Definitely....and since being able to dunk is obviously what we should be concerned about when measuring his ability to ball......................................................................................................................................................................

9. King Boo

King Boo Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4pK4TjZf5k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVAxhSkk9Ak

He had dunks against the Lakers and the Raptors among other games too. Just because you didn't see them doesn't mean they didn't happen. Why even bother making that comment when he clearly has dunked "on an NBA level" and when you didn't even watch his games?

This vid was the first time I've seen him finish an ally-oop though, pretty cool.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So he needs to do it in a game, but once or twice doesn't count. :rolleyes:

Most point guards don't go on dunking sprees, even if they can do it. Dunking isn't comparable to shooting accuracy. No need to do it 100 times. No one questions MJ's ability to dunk from the FT line because "once or twice doesn't count," right?

His hops are legit. By hops, i mean he's got enough to dunk consistently, like on a break, for example. Nothing more, nothing less. He may have small hands though, which is why he does it like a half-assed windmill. He needs to swing his arm a bit to keep control of the ball.

11. Arthurprescott2

Sensitive much?

12. King Boo

King Boo Member

Probably, but the casual racism you seen get thrown around the boards (directed at one of our own players no less) is pretty lame.

13. Arthurprescott2

Yea... it happens in some places... like a place called the internet! :grin:
    In such situations, you just ignore and move on. Let's just talk bball. Too many of these threads are falling away from that right now (I know its the off-season). More specifically, too many of these threads are getting hijacked into conversations about race (and none of the discussions are nuanced nor coherent enough to be productive). In the end, it always ends up being a LOH vs. LOF cat fight.

14. Arthurprescott2

With not enough actual basketball knowledge amongst either group.

15. King Boo

King Boo Member

At least the LOF are single-minded about something positive. I just don't understand being obsessed with bashing one of your own players for no reason. Even on the Isiah Thomas Knicks, where many on the team were just objectively bad people and bad basketball players, fans still found a way to appreciate them (Sprewell anyone?). Jeremy Lin by all accounts seems like a high-character, hard-working, humble guy who can legitimately play. Where's all the hate coming from???

16. raskol

I don't buy it. I still don't he can dunk on an NBA rim. I don't care if he tomahawked it against Wall or busted a coast to coast two handed jam against UConn. My eyes tell me he's not athletic and slow. Ergo, he couldnt have dunked on an NBA rim. He's also not 6'3" more like 6'1". The rim must have been lower in all those games that he dunked..........

17. raskol

In case I get you guys too upset, I think you guys missed the sarcasm in my original comment.

18. Arthurprescott2

There are just some unhappy people in dark places, man. Ignore and move on. Happens on every team, everywhere. It's just that there's a racial tinge to this situation (which makes it more annoying). I've hated at least 2 players on any team I've rooted for (yea, I'm talking about Pierce). I expect I'm going to hate at least 2 on the Rockets as well.

19. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

But wouldn't educating be much better? There might be people who have no idea the difference between various countries and perhaps that comment will pique their interests to learn more.

20. jlfans

jlfans Member

I don't buy your talk. I can do no jump dunk two balls on two hoops in your NBA rim.:cool: