1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A.I. expected to be released Today(twitter)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Shaud, Mar 2, 2010.

Tags:
  1. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. supa

supa Contributing Member

interesting

3. ts2mars

ts2mars Member

i think he was kidding duh...

4. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

He did that one year in a pretty weak Eastern Conference with a team loaded up with vets that complimented him and coached by Larry Brown in one of his better seasons. By the way, not advancing to the second round in that perennially weak Eastern Conference is a very damning mark on McGrady.

I don't think he was a bad player, but I do think he was overrated. One of the best scorers of his generation? Certainly. One of the best players? I'm not so sure. He was weak on defense and not a team player. Other than one run, he didn't exactly have a whole lot of postseason success. He was deserving of All Star status, maybe even second or third NBA team. I just don't agree that he's a certified Hall of Famer, even though he'll get in on his first year of eligibility. And for me the most telling thing is that I have NEVER wanted AI on the Rockets even in his prime.

5. rudan

rudan Member

Oh, I thought he said his daughter is a sick douchbag :confused:

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Unless his entire generation consisted of low percentage chuckers than AI should never be considered one of the best scorers of anything. Anybody can score 20 pts if they take 40+ attempts each game. The only I think I like about AI is his courage-that guy doesn't shy away from contact. Everything else...pass :rolleyes:

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Releasing him to be with his extremely sick daughter in a 1 year contract makes perfect sense to me...

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Look at his numbers in Denver... Great percentages... Borderline fantastic...

He shot that much because he had to. I guess he could have passed it over to Eric Snow or Deke...

9. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

Charlie Palilo brought up an interesting point yesterday though with the whole ongoing AI saga. What was he doing partying it up with Jermaine Dupri in Charlotte if his daughter was REALLY sick? Not a little bit suspicious?

10. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Yao sign him right away!! :p

11. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Come on now he had Aaron Mckie and Tyone Hill to pass to as well.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Wife of 76ers’ Iverson files for divorce

ATLANTA (AP)—Allen Iverson’s(notes) wife filed for divorce the same day the Philadelphia 76ers announced that
    the All-Star guard would not return for the rest of the season.

Tawanna Iverson said their 8 1/2 -year marriage is “irretrievably broken,” in papers filed Tuesday in Fulton County Superior Court. She asks for full custody of the couple’s five children, child support and alimony.

(cont.)
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...lug=ap-76ers-iversondivorce&prov=ap&type=lgns

13. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Damn, this has been a tough year for Iverson. Wonder what's going to happen to him now. I could see him going back to the streets. Living the thug life :grin:

14. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

He isn't going anywhere... he's done