1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A glimpse of a bright future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by <3myrockets, Apr 25, 2013.

1. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Sunday's game was obviously one we'd like to forget. At the same time it was necessary to get the first-time jitters out.

Tonight was a completely different feel. Tonight I saw flashes of greatness in this young team. I saw a young superstar take it to the basket and slam with authority. I saw a hard-nosed backup PG play awesome D and hustle every minute of the game (even sending WB to the floor). I saw much better ball movement and actual coaching adjustments.

...all against the WC champs.

Granted we're not supposed to win this matchup...like everyone says they're us but better. Two legitimate superstars, great space shooting, solid interior D and length/athleticism.

I honestly couldn't help but smile during this game because almost every stat was relatively even (except us outrebounding them) and tons of lead changes occurred throughout the game. It was very exciting for me despite the loss.

As I've said in other threads, there is so much room for improvement but the grit these guys are showing makes me that much more of a Rocket fan. Out of the past 5 years I've been lurking the forum, I have never posted as much as I have for the team until now. Call me a homer, blind and/or ignorant...young, inexperienced talent like this making an experienced elite team scramble for timeouts is something to cheer for.

For those of you able to go to TC, give these guys as much love as you can. They feed off that energy so much. You thought they had tons of energy in OKC? Wait until you see how they respond to loud and supportive Houston fans.

*hops off soapbox*

Go Rockets.

2. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Great post.

Even though we lost I felt the same way.

McHale even showed a glimpse of growth as a coach.
    I hope we can keep this core together and they all improve next year and have better chemistry.

Imagine if we add a young 2nd star at the PF position. We could be contenders and a very exciting team for the long term.

GO ROCKETS!

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Great post, OP.

OKC probably thought they were going to use us a doormat. Well, while we lost, we made them sweat.

The best thing is that we haven't come close to playing our best game (e.g. routinely beating other NBA teams during the regular season).

Now we get to go home and I tell you, Toyota Center is going to be one loud muther****er place. We win the next two and it is brand new series.