1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

A friend of mine was found dead. =(

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by El Hitman, May 7, 2010.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Sorry to seem unsympathetic, but you're in a bad line of work and it's not surprising you'd know someone who was killed. I am sorry for your loss, but it's going to keep happening to you as long as you stay in that job, particularly if you keep treating it like a party. Bad things happen in bad scenes. You are right smack dab in the middle of a bad scene and you treat it like it's all a joke. Bad things will continue happening to you until you grow up. Your mission isn't righteous; you're just high on adventure.

All that said, truly, truly sorry for your loss. I've lost way too many friends at way too young an age and it really is the worst.

#81 Batman Jones, May 8, 2010
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
    4 people like this.
  2. El Hitman

El Hitman Member

Thank you for your opinion. Life's a party...crash it. :grin:

3. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

be safe

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

wow, so much bitterness and self-righteousness packed into one post.

cool that you have perfected life though.

1 person likes this.
  5. Southern Select

The guy is the biggest POS on the board. Too bad that taxi didn't crush his freakish head.

1 person likes this.
  6. VanityHalfBlack

At 18 with so much more to accomplish and it just ends so violently... Freaking scary stuff can't imagine what her sister and family are going through right now...

7. El Hitman

El Hitman Member

I got a hold of her sister thru Facebook...everything I told her is a complete shock to her...poor girl, she's devastated. :( I told her to go to the cops with the info I gave her, she said she will. Hopefully we can catch this guy. Today is the day that this mother F gets put in jail. I'm 80% sure he's somehow responsible for everything. I hope he gets life in jail or something. F-ing jackass. :mad:

My job is done here people, thanks for the support. Oh and tell that dude with the broken gate problem that I can probably solve that for him too. I know people in the "breaking door latches for money business." :)

And for all of you that posted negative comments on my Liz's (god bless her soul) thread...ya'll can go to hell. Next time don't post stupid crap judging me and my life...on my threads. Keep your cancer to yourself. :mad: I might not be up to "your" standards or your morals but I could care less. So F you and your opinion.

8. VanityHalfBlack

It's a good thing you're looking out for her bro, stay positive and justice will be serve.. She probably needs time to herself and her family, some good counseling and therapy sessions and good amount of support from friends like you and she should be on track soon...
    Stay safe man, peace....

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Not the time or place for a post like this. You knew that though. Pathetic

10. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

+

This is what happens when you live a life of crime....

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nice. Quoted so everyone can see your Southern hospitality.

Batman speaks the truth in this case. Yes, he can be an a-hole, but playing in the NFL is going to ruin your knees and playing in certain other games is going to usually have consequences too.

#91 B-Bob, May 8, 2010
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
  12. B-Bob

If mine hit you as negative, I apologize. And I'm sorry for your loss. I hope justice is served.

From my angle, there's no judgment as much as truth. If people didn't kind of like you, they wouldn't be trying to throw a little advice your way. But you're probably right that there's a time and place. And hey, it is your life no doubt!

I do think you'd enjoy the novels of Cormac McCarthy, though they have few female characters, and very little dancing.

13. King1

Whether it's right or wrong, this is the wrong way to go about things in cases like this. Wait a little while and send the person a message through the board. When someone makes a thread about losing someone close to them I don't think it's appropriate to come in on your moral high horse and solicit life advice. That's my opinion though. I realize you weren't responding to me but i just wanted to clarify my stance

14. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

This thread may have started out about loss, but the guy isn't sitting here talking about how he misses his acquaintance. He's talking about hunting down a murderer...

The whole "This isn't the time or place" argument got thrown out the window once this thread took this bizarre yet interesting turn

15. King1

He found out information on a person and gave it to her sister to turn it over to the police.

16. B-Bob

I hear you and generally agree.

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

wow, what an appropriate place for a lecture :rolleyes:

your last sentence saved you from being completely classless

bravo

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Though his words were harsh under the circumstances, I agree with Batman Jones' message. If I was in the OP's shoes, I think I'd be reevaluating my line of work when something like this happens. Not really for any self-righteous reasons, but simply to avoid the heartache of such tragic events. Perhaps I just didn't grasp in his other thread how awesome his job is. It seemed rather depressing to me.

19. King1

Personally, I don't find his job to be awesome at all. What does that have to do with anything though? I don't disagree with the message being delivered, but there is absoolutely no reason to do it like this. If you would like to offer life advice to someone who is not openly asking for it, do it through the board. What Batman Jones did was come in here and draw attention to himself. It was classles in my opinion. There's no point in derailing a thread about someones personal loss to take a moral stand.

1 person likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

obviously he wants the boards' opinion and he hasnt given **** to the cops yet

he was begging for a lecture