1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A fascinating statistic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Nov 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. nobie

nobie Member

But what we need actually is more DOH's.

2. theimpossibles1

Whenever the ball goes to DMo, you can feel the doubt from the rest of the team. With the other four guys, a role is clearly established and stuck to. DMo reminds me a lot of Lin last year with his lack of consistent play and need to try to step out of his role. Until we get TJones back, I am fine with starting Black or Dorsey, we need to find a guy the starters can trust. Do like the Texans and try something new when the something old is just OK.

3. chandlerbang21

DMO= TRADE BAIT

4. kemah

kemah Member

Couldn't we just send him to Dleague already?

5. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

There must be someone out there with a 2nd rounder they don't want.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

"Most"

In the long run, they likely won't win as much. Hard to quantify, without knowing what their record would be with Lee, but the whole idea is that the starter makes the team better. Again, most of the time.

7. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Draymond is the one who is starting!

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I agree he plays too soft, but he doesn't suck. The dude clearly has talent, he's just not comfortable with the speed of the NBA yet. When he makes clear decisive moves, the guy surprises people.

But the dude has GOT to dunk the ball. I'm sick of seeing him get beautiful feeds down low only to lightly try and float the ball in....no man, man up and slam it down.

In the words of Bill Walton, "throw it dowwwn big man, throw it dooowwnn."

1 person likes this.
  9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He's really uncoordinated, and has no leverage to be able to establish position in the post. Most of his problems stem from his inability to pin someone down deep in the post. He gets pushed out farther than he wants, and then he lacks the footwork to be able to get himself a good mid-range shot.

1 person likes this.
  10. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The way Black played these 11 games, Morey already starts to regret cutting Adrien.

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Right..... That's why when he went out in the first quarter we were up 2. So that was too great of a deficit for the bench to overcome ?? A 2 point lead ? Why don't YOU research the first few minutes. I suggest inseat of focusing on places he ****s up look at what he does defensively . He held his own. You can argue that he sucked offensively / turned the ball over etc ... But those have circumstances surrounding him and not every bad play he makes is solely his fault. No one has total blame , every play is somewhat marginally affected by others.

But you can't say he attributed to the deficit that we couldn't overcome when in fact when he went out we were UP 2 ... Idiot.

13. theimpossibles1

And so I did. Just because we were up 2 when he went out does not mean he played well. When his teammates play on a level that should put us up 10pts and he drags us down to only a 2 pt margin, that is D-Motivation.

14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

How do I rate 10 stars?

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah that's great that i basically provided your argument for you ... YOU originally argued that he sucked so bad that it created a deficit that we couldn't overcome. When i said we were up 2 now you change the premise. I like how you have your " D-motivation" slogan too , real intelligent. Im done arguing with you now because frankly I cant win a fight with a moron. However,for future reference if you are trying to make a point and your argument goes like this ..... Dmo sucks... which led to this FACT happening. The fact that you are trying to support should be true.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I told you guys that DMo was the PF version of Lin. And the fans reaction to him is eerily similar to how they react to Lin. The only difference is that Lin has far more fans to defend him than DMo.

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Why is it bad that people want to defend players ? Just because the sentiment of some fans go against the group-think of clutchfans doesn't make us irrational idiots . When i see a player get trashed on, especially if his performance doesn't warrant it i am actually curious why he gets so much hatred. Is it high expectations ? Or just a general lack of analysis ?

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't say it was wrong to defend a player. I am just saying that both Lin and DMo have some talent but wildly inconsistent with serious confidence issues. Both have been the whipping boys on CF. There are blind fans who defend them no matter what and there are blind haters who diss them unfairly.

19. theimpossibles1

It's bad to defend the weak link. The more hate DMo gets right now, the better. This will spur one of two things. 1: trade/rotation change. 2: if the hate gets bad enough, DMo might finally get the kick in the ass he needs to take it to the next level.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah that probably correct for the most part. The only qualm I have is regarding our collective mental analysis of these players. I'm not a psychologist , and I agree with you that confidence seems like it could be an issue . But in reality I don't think we really knows what goes on inside these guys' heads. Also I would say that their inconsistency is correlated to their offense . Dmo's defense is more consistenly good than anything right now . I know the offensive end is easier to see and therefore scrutizine, but defensively he is solid right now.