1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A couple of points

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Outkast9000, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Outkast9000

Outkast9000 Member

I don't understand the steve hating. that kid has all kinds of potential, he's our only all star, he could try to test the free agent market but he wants to stay a rocket, he wants to play an play hard and become a team leader. he is one of the more electrifying players in the league. the guy will get better, no doubt, and when he does we will win more and more games. he is starting to take the *ish seriously.

i think the rockets as a team knows what is ahead of them. they've gotten a lot of press and they understand that the talent is in place. expect more from players like cato and taylor.

rudy t. needs to step it up. we have a LOT of positives in our corner and he has to make plays that involve everyone. i HATE the isolation offense. good ball movement and good shooting are huge in winning games and w/ the right system we should be high in both categories.

steve, griff, and hopefully ming are the future all stars of this team. i hope the team maximizes the time each one of them gets and in a couple of years we will be up there w/ sac town. (i don't mention the lakers cause they didn't deserve the championship and their model for winning cannot be duplicated by the rockets)

2. mac.c

mac.c Member

I agree with you Outkast , alot of the guy's on this site are caught up with the fact that Ming was the #1 overall pick in this years draft, but the fact is that Ming has'nt proved anything but he could beat up on a bunch of 6'6 chinese players. Don't get me wrong I wan't Ming to be the missing piece that the Rockets need to go to the next level, but don't put him on Hakeem type level until he proves it.