1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A CALL TO ACTION, Clutchfans: If Dwight comes, PLEASE welcome him with open arms!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jul 13, 2012.

1. woodtee

woodtee Member

I agree with all of you in that I too believe we are giving up A LOT to get Dwight. But if this all does go through, I truly believe we CFnetters can make a huge impact on our beloved team. Dwight may not think he will like it here, but if we boo him and criticize him relentlessly, then we can be assured of losing him after one year. HOWEVER, if we ban together in making this the best experience possible, and turn a potentially hostile/negative environment into a positive/welcoming one.

Remember, if Dwight becomes a Rocket, he becomes one of us! Just like if you and your wife have an ugly baby, you can't just shove the thing right back. Or if you marry into some step kids, you can't just call them whiny and ungrateful OR your family "team" will be quickly destroyed. I'd give more analogies, but I think you get my point.

So let's post threads, call 790am, and blog with love, compassion, and enthusiasm for the newest member of our Red Nation family, so he won't run away to Brooklyn... But instead stay here to help us get not one, not two, not three, but many more championships for our starving city.

Who's with me?

2. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I am with you. But first lets wait until the trade is really happen.

3. RocketRed4life

Lol, I'm in. I'm a rocket fan first and foremost!

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, I don't want him to come on my arms or any other part of me.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

lol.... welcome but not with open arms

6. Bang.

Bang. Member

We will lose him after this season so who cares man... If i could welcome him, i'll do it with my midle finger, and say- your dramas sucks man... U are player not actor...

7. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

Hahaha.

But yes, as long as he doesn't act like a brat, I would love to cheer him on. This guy with Hakeem's mentoring, could be even better than we thought.

Hoping Morey pulls it off and we get to keep at least Parsons or White or at least 2 good young players.

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

If a professional athletes career path is determined by fans, he's not going to be worth much salt (to mix metaphors).

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

There's a sex joke somewhere...

10. woodtee

woodtee Member

That's fine. Open your legs for all I care... Let's just stop the negativity!!! Seriously, who REALLY cares if we lose all these mediocre assets? Morey can get as many of those as you want. What we should all know by now is that a proven star is like the Holy Grail... Almost unattainable!

It's like "Do you wanna date many easy, non-so attractive women with questionable breath or acne? Or do you want that gorgeous super model who loves football and cooking and massaging your back and ego every chance she gets? Now what if you can have her be all yours for a whole year and you have the chance to woo her to stay with you forever?

Lets go for the 10! more more valuable than a whole buncha 5's in my opinion.

Just sayin'

11. jboger

jboger Member

:grin:If we get Howard and lose too much I will bring a sign to every game I go to every game with a sign that says "we want Bynum";)

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So you are saying I should treat him like a homegrown player even if he were just a wandering guest?

13. woodtee

woodtee Member

Ego is a huge part, I believe. Look at Vince Young or Junior Seau. Everyone wants to be admired, even millionaire athletes. The reason Dwight prefers Brooklyn to the Lakers is so that his name will be synonymous to a new team, not a team with other revered stars (like Shaq).

So tell me his ego is not affected. Fans DO make a difference.

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

We can try all we want, but the fact is that if we trade all those players he's gonna have the same exact supporting cast he had in Orlando! That's not gonna keep him here...

But Im with you, we need to do all we can as fans to have a good influence in him staying!

1 person likes this.
  15. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

If we get the magic and rockets top switch uniforms, cities, and coaches, I'm going to go watch comets reruns.

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

No, I believe he prefers Brooklyn to the Lakers because he'll be playing with a in-his-prime Deron (and now Joe Johnson) rather than the over-the-hill Bryant and Gasol (and now Nash). Vince Young never lived up to the hype, and, like I said, never amounted to greatness. Great athletes don't care about how other people perceive them- they just want to beat their opponents. Satisfaction comes from within (the satisfaction of winning) for great athletes, not without. If Dwight needs the fame to feel satisfied with his career, then he'll just turn into another Terrell Owens or Chad Ochocinco- not a Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson. Those guys got famous because of their game, not played basketball because of fame.

17. SevenMinuteAbs

See, the thing about my back is...

18. woodtee

woodtee Member

Then why is there a Hall of Fame? And why is it so important for all great athletes to get in it?

19. yxx1218

yxx1218 Member

With you.
    Wish the deal done soon and the result is acceptable.

20. McRaggize

McRaggize Member

Whoever will come here is welcome. I just want to see the end of the TV series asap.