1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Boston Chamionship Is Better Than A Houston One

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RAID, Mar 6, 2008.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOCK THIS ****ING THREAD. SAM NEVER SAID THAT

2. tinman

Supporting Member

he never said that, this thread needs to be locked, plus these idiots who believed this thread needs to be suspended.

I posted what Sam REALLY Said. Good Freaking grief, people are just making crap up now.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Preach on tinman. Keep the Clutch City glory years alliiiiivvveeee.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Seriously, some of people REALLY WANT to believe people hate the Rockets. JESUS CHRIST, press the CLOSE CAPTION BUTTON if you can't listen to ENGLISH.

5. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

your nose grows longer...post the clip

6. tinman

Supporting Member

**** you.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Tinman is hoping he won't have to pay for painful tattoo removal laser surgery.

Don't erase Sam!

8. tinman

Supporting Member

9. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

give it a rest, even though he said it was going to be different he was inferring boston would be better in its celebration

houston gets no respect i tells ya

10. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

oh reminder:

houston was the first nonselfish team to hold its celebration on the court not the locker room cuz it was a fans championship

rockets setting a trend again.

11. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

tinman, you aren't doing anything but backing up my point. yes, sam did say it was "different" but anyone who watched the interview (except you) could obviously tell what he meant by saying it was different. different how? he meant that winning a championship in boston is better than winning it in houston which is exactly what i posted.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You and Me Both

Rocket River

13. tinman

Supporting Member

watch the interview and listen to what he said how special the rockets championships were

and he never said 'better'. that's your interpretation.

14. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Denial is not a river in Egypt. Sam didn't striaght up say it was better, he was careful in choosing his words, but obviously that's what he meant. His body language and the way he phrased it, that's exactly what he inferred.

BTW, we all know why the Rockets won the championships, it was because of Dream's inspired excellence. Sam hit big shots, but they were wide open shots that Dream created. He didn't get to run the offense in Houston and was a part time player as a rookie. He was a 3 assist/2 turnovers per game point guard during the champinship years, shooting 42%. Not exactly instrumental.

It's obvious that he wants to win a championship where he has a bigger role i.e. having the ball in his hands. I don't think he can do it. He is who he is because of Dream. Sam Cassell is an undersized shooting guard masquerading as a point guard who plays no defense. He is a selfish player and he can't win if he is the main guy on a team, because he has no clue on how to make others better, only how to put the ball in the hoop.

#34 macfan, Mar 7, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm carefully selecting my words too:

YOU GUYS ARE LOSERS

16. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

the sad part about it is you are throwing a tantrum, attacking fellow rockets fans and defending sam rather than accepting what he really meant.

17. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I have a lot of respect for you, but you are blasting everybody for no reason. It's obvious that you have a hard on for Cassell, but he's not infallible. He made a couple of big shots for the Rockets, but ever since he ahs been an offense only shooting point guard. It's plain to see what he said no matter how hard you try to deny it.

You're acting like a kid who just found out Santa Claus is not real.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

watch the interview again.
    this entire thread is more misleading than its title. which is false.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah. I didnt like that at all. Why he had to mention that was Htown's first champion in any major sports.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

here's that link again:
    http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.p...a/nba/nbacom/tnt/inside/tnt_inside_080306.asx

YallMean, he mentioned that and said it was SPECIAL that he was part of the FIRST CHAMPIONSHIPS in any sports.

unless you tell me of when the Astros or Oilers or Texans won anything before the Rockets, pleases show me that event. I must have missed it.