1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A basketball "fan" who doesn't get why KD is lame

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Aug 4, 2016.

Tags:
?

KD

1. professional b**** , regardless of title wins

86.2%
  2. excuses blah blah Sodomy is pleasurable

13.8%
  1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

It depends of if the Warriors were the perfect team for the type of basketball player Kevin Durant is. Why wouldn't one of the best shooters on Earth want to play in a system like that? It's tailor made for him. It's arguably the best fit for him in the league. That's what folks keep overlooking.

2. MD_in_Training

Far more people are labeling him a loser now than if he had gone to Boston. In fact, I don't even understand how one can make that argument...in fact, I'm not sure I can come up with a better scenario to exemplify "loser" mentality than joining the best team in the league, which was also the team to beat you in the playoffs.

Yes, living in the Bay Area would be more fun for him. Yippee! Oh wait, I don't care about that. I care more about the quality and competitiveness of the NBA than where superstars live. But, that's just me.

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

OKC is a better team then Boston, then you move into a weaker team, so you do not care winning in someone eye, then you can be labeled as a loser. Moving to GS is not a loser only if he can not win a ring, which is less likely, you can label him a ring chaser.

If you do not care his life, then debate is meaningless.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Except that Durant is not supposed to be just a shooter. A superstar doesn't try to find a team to fit. It's for role players. For superstars, teams are built around them, not the other way around.

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Still lame. Warriors are the perfect fit for a ton of players in the league.

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He's not just a shooter. The system is perfect for his overall game. Much better than the iso ball they play in OKC.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

at least they dont have a good center. hopefully a few teams can master "big ball" and stomp the warriors midget ball

8. nono

nono Member

Basketball has some of the most childish fans in all of sport. So much tit for tat about a game whose outcome is decided on the basis of tv ratings and phantom calls for superstars. Boo ****ing hoo !

9. nono

nono Member

Also funny is grown ass men crying over what millionaire athletes are doing.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KD made a choice about what he thought would make him happy. That's fine.

It's also fine that it's a lame move to leave a team on the cusp of the NBA finals and one that just picked up a great player to bolt to a 73 win team.

Usually you leave a team for a good reason. He didn't have a good reason to leave.

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I have no problem with people thinking it's lame, but you can't say he didn't have good reasons. 1) He was sick of playing with RWB. 2) He felt the GSW system fit him better. 3) OKC sucks as a place to live and he'd rather be in the Bay (not to mention the business opportunities in SV).

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No fan of KD. Questionable decision this summer, disappointment.

But calling him a b****, loser that is not right.

Still got respect for his game.

13. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I'd be very frustrated to play on OKC with Westbrook. As much as I admire Russ, their offense was stagnant and KD realized that. He wanted to go play in a system where everyone got some. KD sacrificed his legacy to join a better basketball team. I don't really care. The decisions of one man that really don't impact me directly are not worthy of any significant emotion.

14. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

KD should have joined the Spurs. Still gets all the benefits of a great ball movement system and none of the bad press. Not sure why he didn't consider this option more (?)

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he was the standout choker the final 3 games of the series against GS. and reported to have already been scheming together with GS players to jump ship. perhaps what fans think is irrelevant, but no doubt KD's peers around the league are calling him p***y/b****/eunach to his face

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Exactly. That is the whole problem with people making that argument.

GS was not necessarily a better basketball team than the Thunder.

As for choosing Boston, over the next 10 years Boston is as good a situation as the Thunder or Warriors. While the Warriors and Thunder would certainly be better for the next few years, I would bet all my money on Boston being better in those last 5-7 years.

As for living somewhere, just goes to show his priorities. I'm sure his kids were in some of the best schools in America, and his house one of the nicest you've ever seen. I'm sure his wife could buy whatever she wants. He still spends 41 games on the road. The difference between being ultra rich in OKC and ultra rich in San Fran is not that big. He's not moving to his own island in the pacific ocean or anything. We're talking about KD as a competitor.

That's how champions think. They don't think about picking up a piece of jewellery one time by finding the team which was last closest to it. They think about starting dynasties and ending dynasties.

KD thinks that by joining the Warriors instead of the Cavs, he's going to be seen as the leader of that team. He's not. We watched them win 73 games and come within 1 win of their second consecutive ring with Harrison Barnes at the SF position.

KD is the Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat. He is not the Lebron James of the Miami Heat.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Cause he has low self worth, he doesn't have confidence in his own ability to be a champion. Mentally weak. It showed against GS during the wcf series, when Draymond was eyeing him and thinking "that guy would be a really good piece under my leadership".

This is also colloquially known as being a b****.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So he has lame good reasons, or good lame reasons. :grin:

19. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

It's lame for a professional competitor. They had the Warriors beat and they had the lead in the 2nd half of all 3 closeout games. His team was good enough to win it. The difference was KD and Westbrook choked in the clutch in those games. So it half his fault for losing in the first place. That leads me to believe he didn't believe he was good enough in his mind and wanted to be carried by his team.

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The spurs do not have enough to get KD directly, lots of moves have to do before he can join them.