1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aşık: Kazanmak için ne gerekiyorsa yaparım

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 29, 2013.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Excellent. I hope several of our players have uzunlarimiz this summer.

2. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Thanks for posting Carl, would love to hear more about Asik. I'm sure there is tons of stuff in the Turkish media about Asik, any AOF's that read Turkish out there?

Always thought the "Asik is unhappy," stories were a little blown out of proportion. He's only got 2 years left on his deal and after that he's definitely getting Pekovic/Sanders money, even if he's traded.

If he wants to win, he's in the right place. If he wants starter minutes, he just has to wait 2 years. Even if he gets traded to a bad team, he still gets starter minutes. Plus we have no idea if the Asik/Howard line-up will work or not. If the Twin Towers line-up works (I'm doubtful) then he can get starter minutes and be on a winner.

3. GIGO

GIGO Member

Disappointingly scarce actually.
    (might be that he's just content with not being distracted by the media stuff.)

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think the worry from Asik's camp (whether primarily from himself, his agent or his associates) is that not playing starters minutes will depress the market for Asik when he becomes a free agent. Morey alluded to this during a radio interview and said that he did not think this would be the case since teams know that Asik is a extremely capable starter and would only be coming off the bench because Houston has the best center in the league.

I can see it going either way, but it is not crazy for Asik to worry about his future marker value if his minutes are to be reduced.

5. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

I hope that Dwight, Greg, Donatas, Omri, & Jordan also make sure to count each one since games can be WON by only one point.

6. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Ah yes, there is that too of course. But I'm going to agree with Morey on this point, especially considering the lack of quality 5's in the league. People laughed at Morey for offering Asik that contract, but after last year, the word has to be out now; Asik can flat out ball.

What do you see happening with Asik? Most of the "experts" seem to think he's getting traded by mid-season. Would really, really hate to see that happen. I don't think Asik gets traded this season, but I seem to be in the minority.

Good looking out GIGO, you Turkish? If so, what's the public opinion (if there even is one) about Asik in Turkey?

7. rocketurk

rocketurk Member

not really. Turkey is a soccer country so you can't often find news about basketball players. But Eurobasket is about to start and when it does I am sure there will be more news about the teams and players. And Omer is a crucial player for Turkey basketball team.

8. lowlife

lowlife Member

Not really. I can find you tons of Hedo interviews but Omer, well, he doesn't talk. He's a shy guy i guess.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That's a single opinion.

10. autoprt

autoprt Member

the posts in this forum are hilarious...