1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'93 ford truck body needed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TBar, May 31, 2007.

1. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I have a '93 Ford pickup that belonged to my dad. We use it at work to pull a trailer and deliver fuel. the engine burned up aroundthe time of the Hurricane - Sept- '05. the truck sat around in a covered space at work. I started getting sentimental because it was my Dad's truck- never smart to do with inanimate equipment. I had a rebuilt diesel engine installed and the thing ran like a new one.

Anyway-the thing caught fire on Tuesday Morning-5-29 and the wiring harness, batteries, cables, hoses, and other lines melted. Could be lightning, or an electrical problem. too much damage to pay for the time consuming repair.

The motor is good - so I'm looking for a clean '93 Ford pickup with a bad motor I can use this good engine in. It is a 7.3 liter diesel.

I am calling around to wrecking yards in Beaumont and Houston- thought about this forum- anyone got a truck body you want to get rid of?

I'll pay a premium for a clean one.Thanks in advance.

Someone here may have a lead.....

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

check www.car-parts.com

You will have a terrible time finding that old of a body & chassis that just needs an engine. You are going to have to part it out (i.e. buy bits and pieces from diff places).

Also, check autotrader.com. Being a 93, you might find a complete vehicle w/ engine for sale and just swap the engines.

Also, call Todd w/ Patke Auto Parts (713-734-1621).

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

You're in Beaumont? I'd bet if you put an ad on southeasttexas.com, you'd have one within the week. That site gets results.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

ooops wrong thread. :(

5. Fatty FatBastard

I don't know if it is that difficult. Up until 2003, I was driving around in a 95 pickup. The engine blew, so I got rid of it. But the body was still good, minus a dent in a quarter panel and a bumper that needed replacing.

Should've posted this 3 1/2 years ago. :p

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

It IS difficult. Trust me I know.