1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

90 Deputies Laid off in Pct. 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by XBLRocketman111, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Job losses = lower tax revenue + more people on Medicaid = budget deficits

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

There has been a huge shortfall in corporate tax revenue. Less corporate revenue= less taxes. The corporations started laying off people to survive.

More unemployed means more people not paying property taxes, so there was a drop in the amount of property taxes collected also. There are also more people on government subsidized healthcare plans like medicare and medicaid. The government is funding more healthcare, and fewer citizens are getting healthcare coverage through their workplace. They are unemployed. We are spending more money on maintaining free healthcare and free room and board for prisoners also.

There is also a large drop in sales tax collection from less spending from all consumers unemployed due to pay cuts, job loss, or fear of a job loss.

#22 BetterThanEver, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

A lot of people have been laid off or lost their jobs the last couple of years(including me), so welcome to the club, you are just one of millions.

And I agree about Jerry Eversole, I hope he goes to prison.

#23 Rip Van Rocket, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  4. University Blue

I believe the UH Central PD is hiring ( although the university is also on a budget crunch ); likely pays less. The chief is a family friend and great guy.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Sorry you got let go, XBL. Good luck finding something quickly.