1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

9 Months Later: #14 Pick of 2011 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2012.

?

Who would have been the best choice with the 14th pick of the draft?

1. Marcus Morris (I'd still take him)

7.7%
  2. Kawhi Leonard

22.0%
  3. Nikola Vucevic

13.7%
  4. Iman Shumpert

3.0%
  5. Chris Singleton

0.5%
  6. Kenneth Faried

21.8%
  7. Marshon Brooks

30.2%
  8. Someone else

1.1%
  1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Marshon Brooks: Marcus Morris = Rudy Gay: Shane Battier

2. blackistan

blackistan Member

i wanted kawhi then and id like him now

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Paul Millsap. Im pretty sure Monta Ellis sat on the bench his first few seasons too.

4. jjgfour

jjgfour Member

I still would have taken Marcus. He hasn't received enough playing time to make a decision.

5. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

Marcus is 0-9 from 3 point land. Even Parsons is a better shooter than that.
    Marcus will never be an effective SF if he can't knock down the 3 ball. He is not exactly the most athletic guy either, so he won't be taking other SFs off the dribble. So we are going to ask him to get in the paint and post up on 3s? He should get more rebounds if he is in there right?

If he wants playing time from McHale he needs to hustle, and I don't see than from him. NO excuses for playing time. You get what you deserve under McHale, as he was starting the 2nd rounder only a few weeks into the season.

SEASON FG% FT% P/40 R/40 A/40 TS% AST TO USG REB PER (Holl)
    '11-'12 .200 .667 8.4 2.8 0.0 26.5 0.0 8.1 17.2 4.1 -2.05

Not pretty stats no matter which way you spin it. I smell a bust; I hope that I am wrong.

6. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

You would've taken a bowel movement at 14?

1 person likes this.
  7. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

Keneth Faired is like the 2nd coming of Dennis Rodman

8. what

what Member

singleton or faried. both are going to be fantastic.

9. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Marshon Brooks. The guy makes the most impossible shots and looks like he's going to be a star one day.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'd prefer several to MM but not Brooks.

I have heartburn about Morris getting real burn. Maybe PHX will want 'Twin Towers'?

11. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Morris was mocked in the top 10 leading up to the draft. If he was drafted to the Bobcats where he was mocked to by many of the websites, he would be killing it right now. Morris is a scorer, but he have too many of those in Martin and Scola that you need a small foward that can do the little things like defend rebound, pass thats why Parsons has surpass him. But if he was with the Bobcats he might be a top 5 rookie for sure. This is for another day but I blame the coaching for not giving him meaningful mins. to see what he can do.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It really sucks knowing that we could have had Marshon, Faried and Parsons!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

13. monster

monster Member

I'm not worried about Morris yet. He's not off to the start we all expected, but he looks like he has the tools, so maybe he just needs a little more work before he's fully ready. Jury still out.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They look good now..... but upside usually unfolds in the third year or later.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Marshon has some serious game.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think if we were giving Morris the minutes Brooks is getting, he would be performing similarly, to be honest. Brooks just doesn't have any talented wings in front of him, that's why he gets to play so much. The jury is still out whether Brooks can capitalize on his potential. He has had a lot of BIG TIME stinker games this year.

17. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Any of those guys would have been way better then Morris. We really bummed out during this one.

18. disguyman

disguyman Member

faried or vucevic, we need rebounding big time

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

when you draft a guy who spent 3 years playing basketball at one of the best basketball schools in the country, you'd like to see some upside a bit earlier than year 3 if you're spending a lottery pick on him. if we're still waiting around in year 3 to see if marcus morris was a good pick, we have a problem.

i have no idea what to expect from him at this point...haven't seen enough of him to get any sort of idea at all.

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Why would you take Parsons with the 14th pick if he could be had with the 38th pick?