1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

89-Year-Old WWII Veteran Beaten To Death By Two Black Teens…

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, Aug 22, 2013.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

More youth basketball programs.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Black guys

White guy

3. supdudes

supdudes Member

Youthful stupidity at it's finest.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This is horrible. I don't think anyone disagrees.

However, there's no sense arguing with the race-baiting posters in here that seem to get off on focusing on minorities in a negative light.

They'll do anything to compare a gruesome murder to Trayvon's, even when the circumstances are completely different.

In their real lives, I'm certain these posters have difficulty relating to others and are probably resented by their peers for being so detached from reality.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Here the difference in Black on White crime vs. White on Black crime:

Black on White crime is ALWAYS PUNISHED! Black people never get off. These kids will spend Life in prison (as they should).

GZ gets to go to a firearms manufacturer in Florida this week to buy him a new Tactical shotgun.

Look...the problem is white people seem to blame ALL BLACKS for any crime committed by a Black person or Brown person.

Why don't white people have the same BURDEN? Judge people individually. Most black people are law-abiding citizens. Black people are harder on Black criminals than you think. It is the classic Black people vs. *****z...as best said by Chris Rock:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/f3PJF0YE-x4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/f3PJF0YE-x4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I left that out on purpose, but I gave everyone the link so they could see it for themselves.

Figuring that a lot of the homicides are gang-violence. Thugs killing thugs, it's about as bad if not more so than rape and child abuse. Rape is definitely worse in some cases and then at times leads the victim to suicide.

You see what I'm trying to not say is "These stats prove that white people are more violent." I don't believe that at all. They are just stats and people will read into them what they want to read into them.

Also the last thing there needs to be is a race-violence study. That is bordering on Eugenics, trying to say that one race is inherently violent is as racist as can be and then trying to prove it with some stats is just dangerous. When you spout out stats and try to claim "See, the stats say it! I'm not saying it!" it is again a classic tactic that actual racist use to convince other more rational and logical people that they are right.

7. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

If you actually looked at my link you would see that statement was from the author of the blog.

But then again that doesn't fit your narrative of me.

8. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Trayvon being murdered is your opinion and it carries no weight.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why inherent? There would be obvious socio-economic factors. Yes, many people will scrutinize gang culture as a contributing factor, but then why should critiquing a culture that possibly glorifies violence be considered off limits?

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Okay, then what was he?

Killed? Fine. Trayvon was killed by George.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well if you are talking about socio-economic factors and other things then it's not off-limits.

But there is no reason to tie race into it if you truly believe that people are generally born equal. I say generally because obviously some people are born with mental or physical disabilities...but if you truly believe that a black, brown, red, yellow, white healthy child is born equally then what is the reason for tying race into crime stats? I linked it in the Trayvon thread but actual racist groups like the KKK use these stats to help 'prove' their point, I think that tells everyone just how dangerous they can be.

12. Raven

Raven Member

Here's a thought, maybe people would stop calling you racist if you stopped race baiting.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Off topic:

You know there is a documentary on Investigation Discovery channel saying a serial killer actually killed Ron and Nicole. He was hired by OJ to retrieve diamond earrings from Nicole's condo. The killer said OJ said "you may have kill the b****". It was an interesting party of the documentary about Glen Rogers...who may have killed up to 70 people.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/20/justice/o-j-simpson-film-claim

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm sorry. Pretty weird to put the whole article in quotes and then not quote the part from the blog. If you want to avoid confusion in the future, you may want to quote everything you take from other sources.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm weary of hiding any facts just because some groups may take them and improperly use it to make dubious claims. If Black-on-white violence being disproportionately higher than white-on-black violence is a fact, then we should recognize it and then come to a common understanding of why it is. The more we understand the problem and its contributing factors, the better equipped we'll be to respond to racists and other ignorant people who want to twist information to suit a particular agenda.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

But the thing is...science treats the races as the same, the difference is physical and really points to a few genes.

So if the races are the same, what is the point it putting much behind stats that say "Black people commit this amount of crime."? Really, what is the point of that?

Wouldn't it be more important to say this area of Chicago makes up this percent of crime? Wouldn't that information be more of use?

Or that people that are poor, have nothing to little to live for and nothing to lose are more likely to commit crime? Isn't that information useful moreso than "Oh, black people commit crimes at this rate."

Think about how silly this would be if we did it for basketball or football or any sport, and think about how racist it would seem if we started collecting stats on how black players performed compared to white players, or how fast black players ran compared to white players.

Race stats are useless and ignore the real issues. I'm not surprised the government has that information and collects it, as they have information and stats on many things, but people infer WAY too much from it.

1 person likes this.
  17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Good lord what a stupid post.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Exaggerated, but not completely without truth. The media loves to push racial buttons for ratings, and the imagery associated with "White vigilantism" cuts to the bone. Once the pot is stirred, demagogues show up and immediately ratchet up emotions, which is exactly what the media was counting on. Then cable news can play the innocent and watch their ratings and profits soar.

Everyone knows their role, and everything is perfectly orchestrated. The winners are the networks, advertisers, and media whores. The losers are the justice system, race relations, and political discourse.

:(

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You're very bad about stereotyping and oversimplifying. Your opinion is just pure intellectual laziness and you having a pity party for your race. Nothing more. And offering up Chris Rock as evidence is just the icing on the cake.

20. itstheyear3030

First, I wasn't implying black people as a whole are more inclined to murder. I was simply adding necessary gloss to your facts/statistics/etc.

Second, I was joking about the race study. I don't think that a viable race-violence study can be done, at least not until we become enslaved by a more advanced alien species or something like that, provided that the concept of race as it exists now survives that long.

It is impossible to find a group of people of different races who have led exactly similar lives and possess comparable states of mind. The only way to really establish a link without any confounding variables is to raise a child from each different race in an isolated bubble and then put them into situations where violence is an option. Needless to say, such a study would be highly unethical and no one would be willing to do that.