1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

8-8 will win the AFC South this season.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 8, 2015.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't think they're going anywhere, honestly....but just win the next game and we'll see a little better.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Why do you make it sound like Luck is this no talent QB? Lol...he's one of the best QBs in the league who got off to a rough start. There is a much, much greater chance that he will play like the Andrew Luck that people expect compared to the Andrew Luck of the first 3 games of the season.

You're essentially taking the smallest sample size and assuming that that kind of trend will continue rather than taking the sample size of his career and realizing that when he plays like crap, it's more of a fluke than anything.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

You know... after Aaron Rodgers, Luck would be my next choice (ag + potential) but... his he maybe just a smidge overrated? Sure, his OL is terrible and he's had no running game. But he's also thrown 50 INTs in 52 career starts (his pace this year is 26) and has fumbled 31 times (losing 14). And in six career postseason starts: 9 TDs; 12 INTs.

You're better with Andrew Luck than without... but I don't think he's on Brady/Rodgers' level, and I'm not sure he's on the next tier, either. Would you trade Rivers for Luck for just this year?...

4. Major

Major Member

Or the other way to look at it - he has a terrible OL and no running game and the Colts' defense has been somewhere between mediocre and really bad ... and yet, he's made 6 postseason starts in his first 3 years. Outside of maybe Green Bay, I don't think there's any successful team in football that asks more from their QB than the Colts (Peyton was in the same boat for a long time, but is now being carried by his defense).

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Sure, he makes his mistakes, but it's mostly due to him having to do so much. Just like Major mentioned, Luck is basically the Colts team. What other aspect of their team is above average? They're basically avg to below average in all areas.

There is no doubt that when Luck has time to throw, he will read the defense and completely pick them apart as well as almost any QB in the league.

He's not superman...but he is damn good. Having said that, I hope that the Colts continue drafting WRs and forgetting to fix the pieces of the team that actually need fixing, for Luck and the Colts to truly have a team that can make some noise. As it is now, they are lucky to have the Texans, Jags, and Titans in their division.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

With Buffalo getting destroyed by the Jags at the moment, If the Texans beat the Dolphins, there's a very good chance Texans can go into the bye at 5-4.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

We still have a shot. Would not be surprised if the Colts lose their next 3. Hopefully we steal win one of our next 3. Go Texans!

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Update:

6-10 will win the division

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Too bad the Texans are going to finish 5-11.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Tipjar?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

1 game back of the division leader?

That's not terrible. They're on the right track.

;):grin::rolleyes:

#71 J.R., Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If there's anyone hoping for a restructure of the playoff system, there's no better opportunity to display its shortcomings then this season. However the AFC is pretty top heavy this year and there won't be as much outrage if it's only a bunch of 8-8 teams left out in the cold.

13. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Every week this sub goes from its time to tank to we may actually have a shot... I have been saying all year this isn't the season to throw away. 7 wins could realistically get us in the playoffs, and say what you will about how bad we will get spanked but any given Sunday and I personally would much rather have a year where all 3 of our Houston teams make it then suffer through a 3 win season for a player that may or may not pan out that we won't get to see until next September at the earliest. Remember the Seahawks Saints wildcard game?

14. conquistador#11

how many divisions routinely put out a 12-4 team, and an 11-5 team. last I can remember was ours in 2012. 2014: 12-4, 9-7. that's about every division. it just so happens in 2015 we all suck.

just get to the playoffs or accidentally lose out and finally go into the draft with qb in mind. I'll be good with either.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Almost halfway through the season, the teams who look like they have a shot at wild card are the Steelers and the Jets, with the Raiders looking like they may take that spot over today. Hilarious as it may be, the afc south champ could win against those teams. So it wouldn't be a guaranteed one and done, but a definite smashing in a 2nd round away game.

16. astros123

astros123 Member

why are you guys so obsessed with getting to the playoffs? might as well tank and get a good draft pick, this team isnt going anywhere with hoyer at qb, so wtf is the point? Esp with no foster this season, why do you guys want them to get blown out eventually by the pats ?

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

There may or may not be a good QB in the first round this year.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If this team was in any other division, they would be projected to win no more than 3-4 games. Thank whoever for us being able to pay the Titans, Jags and surprisingly the Colts two times each this year.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

I have Cam on my fantasy team this week and with the way things are going for me, Newton probably throws 3 picks 6s.

20. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

looking at the Colts schedule, I can see them being 7-9 this year, IF they keep playing the way they do. Their ceiling is way higher and they could turn it around at any point... like the Saints are right now.