1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

790: Bonzi Is Back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by X-PAC, Dec 11, 2006.

Tags:
  1. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

I'll try to do this best I can from what I remember.

– Per David Delode(sp?).

Basically he said that Bonzi was at practice with the team today. Bonzi most likely won't go for tomorrow night but apparently Van Gundy finally admitted to some problems between the two.

Surprisingly Bonzi called up Jeff Friday (I actually believe they said the Friday before last) and told him he wanted to bury the hatchet between the two and play. He asked Jeff what he needed to do to get out on the court. Gundy responded by saying I'll call you back with the answer. Days later (not sure when exactly) told him he's going to give this relationship one more go. Sounded like to be at least that Bonzi is gone if he doesn't get it together this time.

However, it’s not clear how his conditioning is but I believe they said he's not expected to play tomorrow night.

T-Macs status hasn't changed unfortunately but they have him listed as questionable. So it remains unclear.

#1 X-PAC, Dec 11, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  2. iper

iper Member

good news

3. Play_Smart!

Play_Smart! Member

Thanks for the info. Its good to know that Bonzi has changed his attitude :)

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

See I said with this team rising, Bozi would beg to play for us. He knows if he is traded, that's like a suicide of his career. Now, we have to see how he plays for us. If he plays like DA, i.e. use Yao as decoy to get his, his azz will be shipped in no time for a no name to Bobcats.

5. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

if Bonzi stays in shape and is motivated to play, we have THE best trio in NBA

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

That's great news!! I am glad that they are attempting to make it work. It's beneficial to both of them to make this happen.

If its true that BW did call and make the first move that he is ready to work as part of the team. Now we just have to hope the two can both act mature about their past and look at the present instead.

7. khanhdom

khanhdom Member

wowow!!! that is definitely encouraging newsss, just hopefully it'll be successful and I know with the guys on our team, they will do nothing but cheer for Bonzi and hope he does good!

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Great news.....

I'm kind of interested to hear what really went down between these two since things weren't adding up and something was definitely fishy. But oh well, maybe there will be a time and a place for an explantion. As for now, let's hope we can all sweep this Bonzi situation under the rug and play some damn basketball.

9. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I'm not sold....it's obvious that he's using the team knowing now that Van Gundy was willing to sit him the whole year....pretty much destroying his trade value.

i was very happy when we signed him, but I'm man enough to admit that we probably made and mistake. It's not the end of the world because it's a low risk, high rewards deal. I don't see he and Gundy mixing well.......Jeff is very demanding and holds players accountable.

10. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

My guess is that he was waiting for our team to falter so he would look like a hero when he came back. He thought JVG was bluffing and he probably considered himself indespensable to the team. Once he saw, that our guys busted their butt and won despite him, he was the one begging instead of JVG.

I bet you JVG used Bonzi as a motivation factor. I bet you he told the guys: Hey Bonzi thinks we can't win without him.

I love JVG

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Apperantly there was a stand-off between JVG and Bonzi. Probably along the line of JVG telling Bonzi to think about if he wants to play for the Rockets or not. That's why JVG said on Quite Frankly he didnt know if Bonzi was going to play for the Rockets, because the ball was in Bonzi's court.
    What I am concerned is the chemistry. This team is going well and playing as a system. I dont think Bonzi is placing team over himself at this point. So we will have to wait and see. This is the last chance for Bonzi to play on this team.

12. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Further proof that jvg has been behind this whole mess. I thought jvg would be the bigger man and deal with the situation, but apparently bonzi who didn't have to, took the first step and called jvg up. Bonzi is a class act. :cool: Too bad I can't say the same for JVG. :(

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

What the heck you are talking about? Are you Bonzi's agent?

14. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Awesome news...

With the injury to Tmac, Bonzi is a welcome addition. However, he's gonna have to earn his fan support from me. I wanna see him diving for loose balls and rebounding like a madman.

He is the perfect 6th man for this team. Him and Luther will get solid minutes and keep our starters fresh.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Bwahahahaha. You've gone too far and revealed yourself as the brilliant satirist you are.

Bonzi is a class act, and Vince Young won't be successful in the NFL, NIcole Richie is fat, the War in Iraq is going real well.........etc.

16. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

Van Gundy wouldn't go into details but did finally admit to an issue that goes beyond basketball that has kept him from playing.

BTW - Sorry for the redundancy in some of that I was actually waiting for someone else to post it so I could respond. Just turn it to 790 and keep it there. ;)

17. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

No, I'm the agent for doing what's best for the rockets and wanting to see them win a championship. :cool:

18. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

It's your last chance Bonzi....

.....to revive your rep so you can garner another multi-year 8 figure contract offer when you bounce next year. And Bonzi is gone next year, but who cares, we need his services now and he needs us.

19. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Good news, I am anxious to see how this plays out.

20. wgray

wgray Member

knew there was more to this.
    who was it that sed "there is only one way to get in shape to play full court basketball ,and thats to play