1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

70 degree Christmas?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

So weather in the summer is crap so you want our winters to be crap too? :confused:

Saying it again, 70 degrees with low humidity is awesome weather. Whatever time of year it is, that is great weather.

If you're dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones you used to know... then obviously you didn't grow up in Houston. :grin:

2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I grew up in Houston and since leaving, I've lived in Hawaii, Austin, Maryland, and I'm now living just north of Sacramento. Maryland, came closest to my ideal weather with four distinct seasons, and some significant, but usually not overwhelming, snow in the winter. However, last winter was the most severe I had experienced, so it was a good time to move to Sacramento. I played Ultimate outside in the evening last week and it was around 50 degrees. It's nice to be able to play outdoor sports year round.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I disagree, hot and dry is way worse imo. With he humid weather, there is a good chance of rain almost any day.

I live in Colorado. Brutal winters are far worse than brutal summers imo. In Colorado, you get great weather in the Fall and Spring but horrible winters and summers (terrible dry heat, I HATE it). Houston has great Falls and winters and terrible summers and springs. Not many places have year round great weather.

4. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Werd.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Well I guess you guys won't be climbing Mt. Everest pretty soon then... Since you guys don't like the cold much...

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Truer words have never been spoken !!

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Yeah. That's the reason why we won't be climbing Mt. Everest. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

totally sux...xmas, IMHO is suppose to be cold, preferably snowing...

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The house across the street from me is owned by "Winter Texans". They live in Chicago in the spring/summer and come down to Round Rock in late Oct. They rarely have to deal with bad weather that way. They miss the Texas summer and the Chicago winter. Not a bad way to live...

10. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

That's very common amongst old people in Chicago. The most popular winter destinations are Arizona and Florida.

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

its actually rained pretty hard the past few days here in so cal...which is unusual since it was like for days straight and not sure when its going to let up. Like Monday and Tuesday last week were nice and sunny and then I wake up Wednesday morning go outside and see like the entire ground is wet and I'm like WTF when did this happen??

I only enjoy the rain when I am sitting indoors in a nice warm place otherwise the moment I step outside I get surly

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

We haven't had measurable rain in the Austin area in well over a month. I enjoy the nice weather, but I shouldn't have to be watering my yard and plants right now.

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

It seems like we haven't had sunny weather in the Bay Area in weeks. I was in SoCal last week, and it was pretty damn nice on Wed and Thu before the rain hit on Friday.