1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

70 degree Christmas?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Dec 18, 2010.

1. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

In Chicago, we haven't cracked 30 in over a week.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I LOVE it

you learn to appreciate Houston weather after living in a cold weather area for a while.

3. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

This sounds just miserable.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I remember that a couple of years ago I didn't wear a jacket all winter. I've yet to put on a jacket (other than suit/tux) so far this season.

5. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

It really, really is.

I just moved to Chicago in August after spending 30+ years in Texas...

To say I've been miserable and pretty damn depressed is a big understatement.

After spending 2 hours running errands and driving/walking in the snow today - where the high was about 21 degrees, I finally had a meltdown in my home and just couldn't take it any more.

I hate the snow. I hate the cold. And god do I miss Texas.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Because we want to see snow!

Not only that, but weather in the summertime is absolute crap. Hot and humid? Worst combination possible.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Nobody is forcing you to stay here. Move to Chicago or MN, then tell us how much you like winter.

I'm totally down for a 70 degree Xmas. I loathe freezing, and 50 degrees is freezing to me.

8. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

winters are the best part about Houston weather. Anybody that was outside today can not disagree with that.

9. VanityHalfBlack

I haven't turn on my a/c or heater yet both home and car... I guess that's a good thing... once summer hits, I got that sucker on full blast, bills will be higher too...

10. Prince

Prince Member

Climate change at its best.

Or, almost 2012.

11. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Good weather will be awesome. I think I'll go fishing, and then I'll go golfing. Or maybe I'll play some tennis. The weather in Houston is pretty damn decent for 8-9 months of the year - and the summer is tolerable.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

We had almost a foot where I live in Nacogdoches last year. Going to be sad to see none of that here.

Speaking of snow. My family is stuck trying to get back to the USA for xmas. Amsterdam has been snowed. out. :mad:

13. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Not me. I spent my afternoon watering plants in the backyard.

It felt great outside.

14. VanityHalfBlack

I was really hoping to build a snowman this Christmas...

15. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I hate cold weather, so I'm glad to be living in Texas, though having snow more than once in a lifetime would be nice. Only time I've ever had it here was two years ago (I live in Beaumont btw, not Houston)

Also according to Weather.com it was saying high of 57 and low of 38 for Christmas day for here.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I've lived in the Houston area all my life, so I guess that is why I hate our weather so damn much. Everyone says you appreciate it more after you've lived in a cold climate for a while, but I have yet to do that. I guess I just need to bite the bullet and live somewhere else at some point. I really REALLY hate our weather. It's really tough to get into the holiday spirit when I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Very true our hate for the heat is the same as the folks who live out in the colder climates... I too have lived in Houston all my life and i kinda get sick of the same climate every year..

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You and I share pretty much the same opinion and reasons why. Christmas and even Thanksgiving should be cold and with some snow. Seventy degree weather to me at Christmas time to me is just blech. I'm not saying I want a damn blizzard, but at least make it seem like winter/Christmas temperature-wise. I always feel like a damn idiot when I see the commercials and tv shows with snow falling outside in their scenes and i'm staring outside wondering when the leaves are going to fall off my trees and whether I should turn the AC on. lol.

It snowed almost a foot in Dallas last winter and it was a blast. As long as it's only every once in a while and not all winter, I'm all for it.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Sounds like a bunch of people need to move to Colorado or NM.

I'll take San Diego weather myself.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I lived in St. Louis and Boston for college and grad school....I'll be happy if I never experience another day below 60.