1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

7-Year Old Sexually Assaulted On School Bus - School & Court Don't Care

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LegendZ3, Mar 26, 2008.

1. famicom

famicom Member

Yea I guess OP chose some strong words in the title.. I was just thinking I read sicker stuff in the Hangout before, maybe the posters have been banned now?

2. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

You people are really funny.

I wasn't posting about some random dude screwing a goat. If this is about some random stuff that will never happen again, I wouldn't care less about it. This is a real life news that concerns you! Wouldn't you care if this is going to happen to your son or daughter?

If the real world is too tough for you guys, then go ahead and delete this thread. :rolleyes:

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You're right. I had no idea that bad things happened in the world until people started posting them in the Hangout! THANKS INTERNETS!

:rolleyes:

4. LegendZ3

Ya, next something like 911 and VT shooting happens. Let's just not talk about it cause it's awful and we are all "aware". :rolleyes:

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

It is jacked up and I totally understand not wanting to read about it. However we don't have to read anything we don't want to, so I don't see an issue with the title. I see even less issue with the thread title since the subject is actually about the school district and courts passing a blind eye on the issue.

I've seen titles of threads that I have no interest in reading and I'm sure are the type of threads Clutch is targeting (like the 2 girls, one cup thread which I have never and will never read). In fact, I probably wouldn't have even opened the thread if I didn't want to know the background behind the school/court stance.

Hotballa forum? Uh, no.

6. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

We know that stuff happens. That's the point, we know bad things happen. I know there's rape, murder, bombings, genocide, xenocide.

That doesn't mean I want it plastered everywhere I go. People that post these threads all the time are probably the same people that watch the weekly night and murder report (along with sports/weather).

I know bad things happen and what happened to her is terrible. That being said, it's not we're apathetic about it, it's just we know those things happen. I don't need to read this story and be depressed over it. It's enough just to know these things happen.

7. LegendZ3

Again, if you didn't want to read about it, feel free not to click on the thread. It's really not that hard, try it next time.

I posted this because it concerns me and I'm sure it concerns other parents who might think twice about sending their children onto the school bus.

And again, if this is some random crap that will never happen again, I would never have posted it.

8. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

dude, your name is Master Baiter. i think at least 1 person out of the 3000 people who visit the bbs might be offended by that name...

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:mad: I'm offended by your statement.

You missed a ZERO. ;)

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

for the record...i like the name.

dont click the thread if you dont wanan know about it. im offended by 2 girls 1 cup. i dont think feces should be eaten or played with....so i didnt click the thread. :)

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

damn quit being a little b*tch. i'd rather be aware then live in a fake little fantasy world where i can pretend bad things don't happen. if you read this story and get depressed that your issue not the poster. i read it and didn't get depressed. i wasn't happy but maybe more aware and that isn't a bad thing.

also why are you juding people who watch/post bad news. get over yourself.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You're missing the point. We can't not read the gist of the story when it's plastered on the title.

And to everyone else missing the point...I'm not trying to act like there's nothing bad in the world. Some might not want to be reminded that 7 year-olds get raped when reading a message board like this.

13. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I'm aware of things happen and I don't live in a fantasy world. I'm not going to subject myself to stories like this everyday just so I keep aware of this things happening, I know they happen.

People who watch the nightly murder report every night should get a life. You end up thinking that everyone around you is just a murdering rapist. It's like they live to see bad things happen.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Goodness. . . .
    7 years getting violated. . no problem . ..
    just don't let it be in the Hangout
    don't put it anywhere folx can hear or read about it
    :rolleyes:

Sweep it under the rug . . .

Rocket River
    The Willful Ignorance is as repugnant as the act! :mad:

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe if a teacher violated her it would be ok
    Esp if the teacher was female and 'hot'??!?!?!?!?!

Rocket River

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

"Why is this posted here????"

Because this is how word of mouth happens and this story goes from a local one to hopefully a national one that will shine enough of a light on that school district to shame them into doing something.

If it's fit for the news, it's fit for the forum.

17. LegendZ3

Sorry, I didn't know this forum is for Disneyland type of readers only. Let me post a picture of a pony to lighten your mood.

[​IMG]

For the rest of you. Oski2005 is right, send this to your family and friends will help gain national attention, and maybe someday schools will be held responsible for what happens on a school bus.

18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Thanks for posting this Legend. I still can't believe how the bus driver is claiming the girl is lying when the boy confessed to it. That's disgusting. I hope the mother doesn't ever quit fighting.

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RM95, normally you're a pretty level headed guy, so I'm surprised you are taking the stance that you are in this thread. This thread is not about a 7-year old getting raped. Were it solely about that, I might understand your point. The main gist of why Legend posted it is because of the school's and the court's denial of any responsibility. As they mentioned in the video, this is not only an Ohio issue, but a law that is in effect in several states across the nation.

THAT is worth reporting on. Were the title of the thread merely, "sick **** inside" as you suggest, I wouldn't have read it. I have no interest in 2 girls 1 cup, I have no interest in midgets that like to **** trees, but I do have interest in something that can easily effect my child, and this is most certainly that. Thank you for posting it, LegendZ.

Now, more on topic, does anyone know what the specific laws are in this vein in Texas? Can schools be held accountable for any sexual assault that might happen on school buses?

20. dookiester

dookiester Member

its hard to say the poor girl is lying but its almost as hard for me to say the bus driver was either oblivious to what was going on for 2 years or was demented enough to know about it and not do anything. i won't jump to any conclusions based on the confession of a teenager who is clearly deranged himself.

however if anything really did happen, it is preposterous if the school district does not have some duty to ensure this kind of stuff does not occur. it seems like a failure to report sexual abuse that goes on for 2 years easily qualifies as a reckless disregard and criminal indifference to human life, which should be enough to prove some breach of the school's standard of care in its daily operations, a duty it surely must have.