1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610AM Morning Show

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MoonBus, Mar 19, 2001.

Tags:
  1. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Does anyone know what happened to the 5:00am to 7:00am radio show on 610AM? It wasn't on this morning, instead, they had the 1-on-1 sports program. I like that show, both Adam Rexler(sp) and Kenny Hand were entertaining to listen to. Adam used to have a show on Sunday nights (I think it starts at 8:00pm and ends at 10:00pm), but he was not on last night either. Matt from the Matt Jackson and Jeremy Foster show was there instead.

Looking at their website http://www.star610.com/index.htm , the 5:00am to 7:00am time slot is labeled as "Information coming soon." and so was the 2:00pm slot (used to belong to Kenny Hand).

Did they get Axed?

2. edc

edc Contributing Member

For what its worth, I too think they made a mistake. Wexler was a team player, and did those Sunday night (8-10) -> Monday morning (5-7) turnarounds without complaining.

Kenny Hand was a bit sedate, but was a good journalist, something rather rare in this day and age.

Here's hoping one of the other radio conglomerates realizes there is the talent and audience for another all-sports station in town. 610 is fine, but competition only ends up benefitting everybody.

My free idea? Somebody needs to do a 10PM-2AM local show. As the BBS shows, nothing like those emotions just after a game is over.

------------------

3. Band Geek Mobster

Was Kenny on from 2-3? I liked Adam but I couldn't stand Kenny Hand. He's the only guy on 610 that I would avoid listening to.

------------------
    Forget LHutz, Bob Rainey is by far the coolest poster in cc.net history!

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I like their night lineup... Bob Kemp is the man, he knows just about everything in sports... The only problems is he hates the Rockets and Stevie...

I liked Wexler, but I hate Hand... Hand puts me to sleep faster than sedation...

700 used to have the Sports Fan Radio Network from 11AM-5Am or something like that... but all I get now is static from that station during those times...

700 or 950 needs to step up to the plate and bring in ESPN Radio, Fox Sports Radio, or Sports Fan... In Phoenix, I get to listen to 3 different all-sports radio stations...

It's very useful during the long ass commercial breaks that 1-on-1 has...

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

5. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

If you think 1on1 is bad then listen to ESPN during the day with their 7 minute and 6 minute commercial breaks.

Rob

------------------
    Producer at SportsRadio 1340 KKAM

visit me online at www.robertsnyder.net

6. outlaw

outlaw Member

kenny hand and adam wexler are out. russ small is in. was in the chronicle this weekend. bad move 610. i hate russ small!

------------------

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Agreed! I met Kenny Hand once over at Kay's Lounge(Dave Ward from Channel 13 was there too) and he is a complete ass! I tried to say hi and tell him I often listen to him on 610 and he just blew me off. All this while I was drinking WITH Dave Ward. Kenny, if you're reading this, deflate some of your friggin ego you jackass!

------------------
    "Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives,
    but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is." -- Barbara Bush