1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610am morning show calling for Morey to get fired.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Verbatim, Aug 14, 2012.

1. sabesque

sabesque Member

Goodbye Sports Radio 610.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

They pretty much ran all those Houston shows out of their Dallas studios. Until last year I think?

Can you imagine if all their Dallas shows were instead, run from Houston? They would never stand for it.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

It's apparent that 610 has become a "Shock Radio" station.
    Between the Astros horrible play and the Rockets going to
    greener pastures they are clueless on how to produce quality
    sports radio
    .....they retort to Inness/Wright acting as fools and
    bashing the Rockets for having the nerve to call them out...Inness really
    thinks people laugh at his jokes/stories when actually people are
    laughing at him....it's sad to have to play the "Fool" to get people's
    attention

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

If it really were an argument. And one grounded in fact.

But, its not, is it?

What it is, is an ad hominem attack devoid of fact aimed solely at an emotional response.

All this guy is doing is throwing **** against the wall to try and bring attention to himself, to cut some space in this market. He is new to town and this market. He doesnt know much about the local teams, and nothing of their histories. No one knows who he is, and no one gives a crap about all of his strong opinions about Kansas City sports. So, he has to do something. Anything. He is desperate for attention. And it shows. IMO, it is somewhat pathetic and sad.

No one on 610 anymore brings facts to their arguments. They dont even try hard at grasping the actual facts. Perhaps Rich Lord sometimes. That's it.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Thank you, I agree wholeheartedly. The genius label is wearing thin, real thin. If Morey is so smart why hasn't he produced better results? I think we all know some of the answers, but that doesn't help the Rocket's situation. The clock is five years and running. How many people know the names of the GM's at LA, OKC, or Chicago? Maybe it is better to be a tad under the radar. Maybe it is better to talk less and do more. Maybe it is better to make more friends and less enemies.

1 person likes this.
  6. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Is it sensationalist and a bit unfair? Sure.

But it IS a fact that signing Lin and Asik cut into our cap space. Don't you think that its possible that those moves impeded our ability to absorb bad contracts and therefore made getting Dwight harder?

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We've been through this a million times. He has had one season without the burdens of Yao's and Mcgrady's contracts. He basically had Pau and Nene locked up right when cap space opened up.

He built a legit contender in 09.

8. GBRocket

Where would we be with Nene and Pau today do you think?

9. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

On the bright side, 610's Arbitron rating has dropped since losing the Rockets (or maybe it's because of Texans offseason) :grin:

KILT-AM
    May 2012 - 1.5
    Jun 2012 - 1.3
    JUL 2012 - 1.3

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Havent looked that closely but didnt we still have cap space to absorb the contracts that orl sent out in the dwight deal? Im not a big fan of the asik signing at all but im fairly certain we could still have absorbed the contracts of the dwight deal.

11. GBRocket

Mitch Kupchak
    Sam Presti
    Gar Forman

(Don't most people know these people?)

12. platypus

platypus Member

I only listen to 610 for their Texans news, when they start talking about the rockets I just go to 790 :D

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Boycott 610. Hit them in the wallet, where it counts. They're actively trying to torpedo the home team. It's truly unbelievable.

14. solid

All true, I am not saying he hasn't had to work under adverse conditions. The Artest move was brilliant and worked. Since then, it has been "fruit basket turnover" and essentially "running in place." The current "complete reset" is very risky. Could work, may not. I think Morey is skating on thin ice. The consecutive "strike outs" (not all his fault) have added to the frustration.

15. GBRocket

I'm sure Bimathug can chime in here on the exact numbers and permutations.

Regardless though, it seems fairly certain that Daryl brought this up as a reason why they couldn't absorb the contracts that they would have had to absorb in order to advance the Dwight talks.

I also thought that it should have been possible with the cap space that we had but I think Hennigan's remarks do give some reason to examine this more closely. Its also possible that Morey just flat out didn't want to absorb Magic's crappy contracts and just said "we can't take that contract because we just signed Asik and Lin" even though we still could have. Would find it hard to believe you can just say that though - the Magic have to have capologists on their staff who can crunch these numbers to verify.

16. Matt Maloney

Matt Maloney Member

Sometimes I flip over to Josh and Rich when Charlie or Travis is on commercial breaks. Every time Josh is bragging about how they are the #1 show and everyone else sucks. Do they ever talk about sports?

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

More assets :p

And we could have been a 4th or 5th seed last season.

18. solid

I don't think so. They are certainly not as high profile as Morey.

19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

The new guy needs to be fired or go back to talking about Texans. You don't want to offer more than we did for the risk that we were taking. What we offered had nothing to do with signing Asik or Lin.

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

If it wasn't for the Texans they would be up **** creek.