1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610 J&R Show

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CometsWin, Sep 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Lol, they don't have local talk on sat radio. Lol, Yankees red sox cowboys lakers heat Tim Tebow!

2. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Agreed. Great regardless of the teams you root for.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

The Texans show's are pretty good. Monday morning, and the Texans' players show (verizon show or something like that) on Tuesday.

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Is Pallilo gaining on them in the ratings? They other day I tuned into MAD radio for a bit and they were talking about some Dallas station where one of the idiots on air is a Redskins fan and he played the Redskins fight song while Jerry Jones was on air with them. So they let that ass clown Josh in on the conversation and he was making fun of them, deservedly, for being lame and doing bits and what not and then out of the blue threw Pallilo's name out there as an example of what these guys did, (something like "this is some lame, local talk show stuff, just some lame Charlie Pallilo type stuff).

I haven't seen the ratings, but I can't imagine why else Josh would be so threatened by Charlie as to compare him to what this other station did which doesn't even remotely come close to being anything that Pallilo would do. Pallilo is boring, he's not pulling morning Zoo type stunts.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

WRT the ratings, 47% of people don't even know there's another sports station in town besides 610, so we don't need to worry about them.

610 could put a rabid chimp on the air from 4 to 7 and they would still win the ratings war. I think Josh knows that and that's why he's so defensive. He knows ratings are the only thing he can hang his hat on compared to Charlie, Lance or any other talk radio personality in the Western hemisphere.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Who talks like this over the age of 7? :confused:

Sattelite radio has been a lifesaver for me though living in Austin. The local sports talk here is nothing but Longhorns and Cowboys. Pretty much all of my sports talk now comes from the SiriusXM NFL station.

7. David Stern

David Stern Member

In before Another Brother defends his brah Josh Annus

8. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Good station as well as Fantasy Sports.

9. Nero

Nero Member

IHeartRadio

790 is on there.

you're welcome.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, that's a very strange thing to say about the smartest and most logical sports radio personality in the city

11. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

He is probably the smartest and most logical sports talk guy in the city but the people I hear calling into the show are the worst on the radio. But then again most people that that call into radio shows are weird anyways.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well, i will disagree. I don't notice his callers being overly bad and especially not the worst.

But I will agree that 99% of call in people are just strange.

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

He needs a co-host to discuss more sports issues with and should take less calls. His show would be better that way.