1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610: Francis has video footage proving family emergency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AlexVanderpool, Feb 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

That was the funniest thing I've seen all week.

2. pchan

pchan Member

This is very interesting. I think W&S's take makes the most sense.

I think I can provide the light to the breakfast part though. Steve probably meant both JVG and he had breakfast separately that morning, but the reporters thought he meant they had breakfast together.

Steve didn't lie in the whole situation, he might have leave out details, but everything he said I believe was true.
    I believe he was not in the arena watching the superbowl, so he did not skip the flight to attend superbowl. He wasn't lying.
    I believe he was at home at that night, I don't know for how long and what time, but some times at the night, steve was home, so He wasn't lying.
    I believe He did have family emergency, whatever it was, if it was an emergency to him, it was about Him, it was a Family Emergency. He wasn't lying.
    Lastly, I believed steve did eat breakfast that morning, and that JVG probably ate breakfast too. So as long as steve didn't say explicitly "JVG and I had breakfast TOGETHER this morning". STeve wasn't lying.

Anyone has actual tape recording of steve saying they ate "together"??
    Anyone has video footage? No. But steve has all the videos. So stop criticizing steve and accuse him of lying.

:p

3. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

for those of you who are curious about the video footage that steve francis has... i have the footage! one of my insider sources gave me the whereabouts of the tape and i've linked below:

steve francis' video footage!!!

i'm not sure of the tape's reliability, but it should lower the pressure on steve if some of you knew that he really was at home.

4. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

LOL

:D Thats some funny **** :D

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

i hope in the end it's not just an exercise of steve putting faith in his manager instead of jvg. it's getting so messy i'd be surprised if it doesn't soncern his manager/contract (violated).

6. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

1. Stevie missed the plane
    2. Stevie doesn't admit that he may have siad he was at the Super Bowl to JVG

So even if Stevie didn't goto the game (if he was sitting at home) I have no reason to not beleive what JVG said. Even ig Stevie wasn't at the game hwe missed the plan because he was planning on being there.

That being said the bottom line is he missed the plan. I agree with windandsea that it sounds like he was planning on going to the game and then backed out.

I just hope the 2 of them can sit down and iron this crap out. It may already be too late.

7. cptcrunch

cptcrunch Member

Yeah he is very good at turnovers, it should be easy for him.

In JVGs defense Steve said he told the coach he was at the superbowl and did not want to tell him about family emerengcy so JVG is just sticking with what Steve told him. So Steve basically admitted to lying. Now if we can just get the rest of the story.

8. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

Omega...that is the funniest thing I have seen in a while...LOL bigtime...

btw: Did anyone hear of or see Stevie at the game? I am shocked we do not have "real", though hard to prove, reports of Stevie at the game if he was there.....

someone had to come forward if he was there: parking lot attendant, bartender, suite attendant, fan, other.....

This whole thing is not over for certain....someone has to come clean...either JVG misunderstood Steve because he was so pissed or Steve really was there or Steve misspoke

I guess we call this Steviegate or Vangundygate....

9. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

great stuff Omega.. make sure you send it to the Chron

10. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Omega,

Is Steve trying to tell us something up on the cross like that?

11. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

ooops. wasn't meant to look like a cross if depicted that way. :eek:

12. Toast

Toast Member

You know, maybe Steve called from a Superbowl pre-party. He says, "Coach, I'm running a little late."

JVG: Steve. We were supposed to leave 15 minutes ago.
    SF: I know man, crazy Superbowl traffic, you know how that goes.
    JVG: Hey, even Cato made it on time.
    SF: Yeah, but J-Lo was at this party. And I had to sign all these autographs ...
    JVG: Well, take your time, buddy, cause we're leaving without you. Enjoy the Superbowl. <click>

13. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

This is gonna get worse before it gets better...

...:D

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe we should start a "What Really Happened" contest. See who can come up with the most hilarious but still somewhat logical scenario. :)

15. heech

heech Contributing Member

Mine would begin....

First, you must understand that our world has gateways to the 15th and 23th dimensions of space.

16. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Hahaha... This one had me laughing out loud... any Welcome Back, Kotter reference wins :D