1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610: Francis has video footage proving family emergency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AlexVanderpool, Feb 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Francis have a mind of 12 year old!

What kind of person would tape family emergency?? He just want to cover up like a little boy does to their parents!! This is ridiculous, I really had enough of Steve, just trade him already.

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

maybe it was more of a Brunch

3. farhan007

farhan007 Member

hibitual liar? He lied for the past two days, and now he is a hibitual liar?

4. sup123

sup123 Member

just trade him already.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He might, But it's clear that some posters around here(not necessarily you) like to add gunpoweder to the fire.

If there is evidence that Steve wasn't there, then why argue about it?

The evidence doesn't mean that Steve wasn't unprofessional. In my opinion he was. No matter what happened Steve should have let JVG know exactly what was going on.

JVG should not have mentioned to the publich that Steve was at the Superbowl unless he knew that Steve was at the Superbowl. Steve was unprofessional and JVG was irresponsible.

Case closed, let's just move on from this and try to end this stupid losing streak.

6. farhan007

farhan007 Member

obviously your sig prooves that your posts about francis are drivin by some internal hatred. Did he like steal your girl, or molested you?

7. LegendZ3

Or BOTH :mad:

8. sup123

sup123 Member

and why would u tape a faimly emergency. Steve made himself look even more dumb.

9. daRox

daRox Member

Okay, here's the thing. He "wanted" to attend the Superbowl. He went to the stadium realized that the team should be cool with it. The closer he got to the stadium, the more worry he got so he called JVG on his cell phone asking him permission to attend the Superbowl. Thinking that JVG would be ok with it and he would enjoy it more knowing that JVG won't beat his butt when he gets back. In a 3-game losing streak, JVG sees a different picture. Of course, to prove that he can coach better than Rudy T., JVG said no. So Steve and JVG started to argue...At this point, it was too late for Steve to go to the airport because of the Superbowl traffic. He has no choice but to go home. Steve then again called JVG if he can catch a private flight to phoenix the next morning. At this point, JVG's temper is overtaking his rationality. He suspended Steve for the Phoenix game. Even if Steve catched a private flight to Phoenix, he wouldn't be able to play so he stayed home and catch the Superbowl (and inconcidentally made a tape of him being at home). Then the stories exaggerated by the media. When asked about the situation, Steve said that everything's fine, JVG and him had breakfast together and "ironed" out the problem - thinking that JVG would say the same thing to

1) save both of their faces
    2) save themselves from embarassment
    3) "had breakfast together" used as a rhetorical comment meaninging that "stay away from the Rockets, there's nothing major for you media dogs to dig.

Unfortunately, JVG, being cold and straightforward as he always being, said NO

10. LegendZ3

Are you a private detective or you just made that up?

11. riskmetrics

riskmetrics Member

Quarrels would not last so long if the fault were only on one side.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Now I beginning to think he really did see the Philly Fanatic in his hash browns.

13. daRox

daRox Member

I've done my research and read quite a lot of mystery books.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you have been in some homes they have security cameras rolling all the time. He wouldn't have to tape a family emergency.

15. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

These don't necessary are contradictory. Steve could told JVG that he was going to the super bowl and had to miss the flight, and then he could regret the decision and decide not to go, in the meanwhile creat some family footage.

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Was this a serious response? I can't really tell, but just incase, Daedalus's post was a joke. The written excuse thing is from Welcome Back Kotter. "Epstein's Mother." I don't know, maybe you got it, but your response seemed pretty serious. Also, Steve's mom may have passed away years ago, but he was raised by his grandmother.

As for this supposed survelience video, some people are seriously confused and are responding with "why would he tape a family emergency?" Uh, he means security cameras from his house.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Adrian Griffin was just activated.

Gilbert Arenas was activated today, two weeks prior to when the team wanted to bring him back (Arenas has wanted to play).

Trade with the Wizards?

18. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

urghhh, bad grammar.

19. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

This is really sad. Absoulty NOTHING good can come from this situation. Should we prepare for another lottery season? I'm starting to think so.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I proposed this scenario yesterday. I said if JVG wasn't absolutely sure of what was going on and said it anyway in public, he'd be very stupid. But now, I have a different view, in light of what has developed. Francis clearly told JVG he was in the Superbowl parking lot. Whether Francis actually entered the stadium and watch the game there is immaterial, imo. He DID go to the Superbowl. He was in the parking lot. What JVG said was NOT incorrect.

If Francis used that to prove he's not in the Superbowl, he's just like Bill Clinton saying, "It depends on what the meaning of IS is," when he's caught lying.