1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610: Francis has video footage proving family emergency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AlexVanderpool, Feb 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

610 has the lamest website in the history of the internet. No audio, Headlines that say "Steve Francis and Jeff Van Gundy play Whose Lie is it Anyway?" with "click here for full story" that leads to other stories.

Is it any wonder why Houston has the lamest media of any large city? They can't even get the stories out to the fans.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It means he is covering his A$$, and Wind&Sea nailed it.

Francis WAS going to the game, and decided not to after his talk with Van Gundy...than sulked home to watch it there, and has video tape of him running around the house during the game.

Probably recording Janet's fancy nipple gear.

DD

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It just doesn't make sense that JVG would lie about this. Let me pigeonhole the possibilities here:

1. Francis was in the Superbowl. Somebody saw him there. Will he/she/they speak up? Francis seems to be daring anybody to do so (from that last quote). If it can be proven that he was there. Then he is going to look very very bad. Is he capable of going so far to cover up his track? Does it look like one of his driving through 4 defenders attempting to do an impossible layup acts?

2. Francis deliberately set JVG up. Either he was in the Superbowl in disguise so that no one saw him, or he misled JVG about the Superbowl thing to make JVG look bad. If he really did that, he is not just stupid. He is evil. He should be kicked out of the NBA immediately. This possibility is very slim, imo, almost as slim as JVG lying.

3. Francis wanted to go to the Superbowl but didn't go. Maybe after he talked to JVG and found out that he was suspended, he changed his mind and didn't go there. The question is, why didn't he call JVG back and say something like, "OK, you win. I'll come with the team." Instead, he went out to the press to basically accuse JVG of lying. Maybe he figured that was a good opportunity to get even with the coach right at that time. If so, this would be close to #2 above, not as bad, but close.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Agent Fried should be fried. :mad:

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Agreed. SF lied, its so obvious. 610 is ripping SF with his obvious BS. I'm assuming it was pgabriel that called asking the "Did anyone see him at the game." question. Its funny how he kept trying to ignore the fact that Steve lied and just asked about his superbowl verification...how damn biased can you get. :rolleyes:

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

LMAO. He should turnover those tapes... D'oh!

7. heech

heech Contributing Member

Has everyone simply FORGOTTEN the possibility of mistaken identity?

JVG has a new phone, and lost all his previous phone book. Dialing from memory, he happened to reach a Mr. Steven Francee of Tulsa, OK. Mr. Francee, sitting in his garage, mistook Mr. Van Gundy to be the experts from Antique Roadshow who had promised to call days ago about the antique porceline bowl that he had discovered in his attic a few days prior.

Here's the transcript of their conversation:

"STEVIE!? Where the hell are you? You should be on a plane right now!"

"Y'all jokin' wit me? On an aeeerroplan'? I ain't gonna go on no aeerroplan' without my bowl!"

"What? Bowl!? We got some serious competition tomorrow son! Get your head together!"

"Was dat you say? Head? Mah head's just fine, had the plumber fixin' it yesterday. Lemme get mah Supah Bowl, cuz my Auntie's Nelly's got that sucka right now, and then I'll be on dat plane first thang in the mornin'."

"You're making a mistake, young man! BIG MISTAKE!" ~click~

We're searching our archives for transcripts of the Steve Francis conversation with a Mr. Geoff Banbundy that happened at around the same time, during which Francis explained, with great emotion, his obligation to be beside his father as he had a hang-nail removed. Maybe someone else out there has a copy of the transcript?

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

The only thing that can be debated here is whether or not Steve actually remained for the game after his phone conversation with JVG. It is very possible that Steve went home after that conversation, but the fact of the matter is he was not on the plane with the rest of the Houston Rockets team where he should have been. There should never have been a Super Bowl parking lot conversation. The selfish punk should have been worried about ending their 3 game(now 4) skid, not getting to attend a "once in a lifetime" event.

9. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Francis-JVG scandal

:p

10. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

What video evidence of you sitting around your house by yourself proves you had a "family emergency".

Steve has never had these problems before, why would it all of a sudden happen on Super Bowl Sunday?

11. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Thats the crazy part, the superbowl is far from a "once in a lifetime event". Its not like a game is going to fall on EVERY superbowl, hell, after he retires he'll be SET with millions...he can go to every superbowl for the rest of his life and live it up. What the hell is wrong with this guy? :confused:

12. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

to me it doesnt matter if Steve "attended the Super Bowl" at his house or at Reliant Stadium. He's still lying.

I was a big Steve Francis fan and have shared a Rockets season ticket plan for a few years now and this whole thing has disgusted me!!!

13. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Ok, who's lying about the freaking breakfast part of the story? Francis says he had breakfast with JVG this morning. JVG says thats news to him. If we can just get to the bottom of the conflicting stories about the breakfast story and find out who's telling the truth there then we can find out who's lying about the superbowl. :D

14. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I agree the Breakfast scandal is our top priority! We MUST find out if they had breakfast together!!:D

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[heech's take] Maybe this is just a case of mistaken identity. JVG had his breakfast at Toyota Center staff launch. After a whole night without sleep over the Francis debacle, he was thinking, "Man, this is worse than viewing game tapes all night long. Now, I can't even see straight. I'd better get some nap after the team meeting. Did Patrick tell the guys there'll be no practice today?"

Francis came over and tried to act like nothing had happened. He sat down and talked congenially about Rockets basketball with the coach for a while and left. All that time, JVG thought that was some assistant coach talking with him. He didn't even bother to look up. . . [/heech's take]

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Here are some video stills which prove that Francis was at home during the superbowl...he disguised himself a little bit so that he would look a bit more like Yao...but just look past that!

[​IMG]

17. heech

No no, we can do better than that. JVG and Francis know each other too well to mistaken each other at close proximity!

No no, I think this is a question of mistaken *meal* identity.

JVG was up late, trying to reglue the remnants of his hair (pulled out during the loss to Phoenix) to his head. Unable to sleep, he staggered to the Rockets facility. He sat down next to the newly rested Francis, and the two proceeded to have a heart-to-heart about Francis's antique bowl...

What was *breakfast* to Francis was obviously a very late *dinner* to Van Gundy!

18. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

Stevie, Stevie ... great player, screwed up in the head a bit...

What about this: Steve and JVG meet in the parking lot and argue for awhile. Steve realizes he's wrong and goes home to pack his staff. His girlfriend was thinking he was gone to the Superbowl. Steve walks in on her and the chef that he had hired for his diet. A huge argument errupts. He tries to get to the airport but he's late.

What is the tape? His chef and his honey doing it? Or maybe surveilance tape from the airport showing he was there at 2:15.

19. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

He was interviewed on 610 Sports Radio and said the video footage was from his home.

No seriously, that is what he said.

#79 ron413, Feb 4, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2004
  20. heech

Oliver Stone needs to get involved in this. His next big blockbuster will be called "SF3", and he could Chris Rock in the role of Steve Francis, and Nicholas Cage as Jeff Van Gundy.

(Nicholas Cage could pull off some SERIOUS JVG-type intensity, aka Con Air or The Rock.)