1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610: Francis has video footage proving family emergency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AlexVanderpool, Feb 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I would prefer "I want to be traded and I'll do any deal the Rockets want." I would cry tears of joy if this happened.

2. Juugie

Juugie Member

So, if he wasn't at the superbowl he should take the hit to prtect a man that went crying to the media?

If he has video evidence, and it proves it, then I wouldn't take the fall either.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This issue here is this

JVG should have said. ..
    SF IS BENCHED TONITE FOR BREAKING TEAM RULES . . . THAT IS ALL

but nnnnoooooooooooo
    He took the moment to ATTACK him . . . . . . and shame him

A terse .. . tight lipped response would have done

rocket River

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The only thing Jim Jackson is consistent at is getting traded. *rimshot*

5. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

This is seriously getting weird..

when we find out who is lying we should push to get them removed from the team. If its JVG so be it we will demand his resignation! It would take an evil evil person to do something like that.

But if its SF3 he has seriously hurt all credibility! and should be removed from the team asap to keep some kind of credibility!

well another thing to keep in mind is the media may be making this issue larger than it really is for their own ratings..

But I cant believe someone would be straight lying!

J

6. AlexVanderpool

dude, if this is your stance then please change your moniker...it reaks of irony and contradiction....

7. drapg

drapg Member

I find his brutal honesty to be a welcomed and refreshing change. I'm sick of professional sports figures (management and players) covering up the truth with tight-lipped garbage.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Video footage?

Of a family emergency?

Like what?

Heimlich Maneuver?

Mouth-to-Mouth Resuscitation?

9. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

wow!

This is starting to get real messy.

10. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

This is getting ridiculous! This is supposed to be our team leaded and he's getting into a pissing match with the head coach. The leadership (not just Francis) SUCKS! And people wonder why this is not a playoff team. With the exception of a few players, this team is completely selfish both on and off the court. I don't care what they say or how well their sound bits come across....actions speak louder then words and Francis, Taylor, Mobley, and Cato have all showed where there loyalties truly lie....with themselves. A team can afford a few knuckle-heads if they are talented and surrounded by player who put the team ahead of themselves. This team stinks both on and off the court!

11. Random.

Random. Member

Video evidence doesn't really prove anything, unless it's somehow dated.

On the flip side, I find it hard to believe that no one *saw* an NBA all-star and one of the most recognizable faces in Houston who was attending the Superbowl. Of course he might have disguised himself or had a luxury box seat, to avoid being seen. Just seems unlikely.

It would seem they have two choices: put the incident behind them, or allow it to corrupt JVG's control of the team (and by team, I mean Francis and Mobley) and force a trade, or another fired coach.

12. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Steve wasn't at the game. He was at home tending to important family matters. Please excuse Steve for missing the team flight.

Signed,
    Epstein's Mother

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What I find even more remarkable is that you're the only person besides me to wonder why NO ONE has come out and actually said they have seen Francis at the game.

14. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

There are a lot of OTHER places Steve could've been for the Super Bowl. After parties and activities of that nature. I don't know why I'm even posting as I'm sure you'd defend Steve in any situation...

15. Thanos

Thanos Member

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Hmmm this is gettin a little out of hand now

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Does it matter whether he went to the game or sulked at home?

He skipped the flight!

18. pcheung

pcheung Member

"FERRIS!!!"

hey that kinda sounds like "FRANCIS!!!"

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What do you want, the Chronicle or 610 radio to report "And we received a call from Bob L. Smith in Missouri City who claimed to see Steve at thte game." ???

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

good point...but at the same time no one knows what the hell is going on right now

coach and player are saying completely different things...things are looking very bad right now for everyone involved