1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610] Daryl Morey Interview (5/19)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, May 19, 2009.

1. cson

cson Contributing Member

DD on point as usual, as was said means alot for us outta town/at workers who can't catch it.

So as I only read, didn't hear the interview here are my thoughts/questions:

Yao will be a Rocket as long as he wants (seems to be a given)
    Will Tracy be a Rocket?
    Von will go to the highest bidder, right?
    We keep Ron, but only on the cheap?
    We have a great GM!

Thoughts?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My read on the situation and DM's comments.

1. Yao - agreed
    2. Tmac - unclear, DM will be wheeling and dealing, and it might include Tmac.
    3. Von - DM hopes to sign him but I think there is a ceiling for the Rockets.
    4. Ron - DM wants to sign him, but I think a ceiling applies here too.
    5. DM - is indeed a great GM.

Also the free agents thing might drag out a LONG time, escpecially for veteran's like Ron, who are not going to be eager to embrace the new lower contracts that will be offered....Ron's agent implied that 4 years for $37 million was under market value.....not sure what market he is looking at these days...lol

DD

1 person likes this.
  3. cson

cson Contributing Member

I know we "get the fever" this time of year, but it really does seem like it'll be a good offseason!

4. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Great job DaDa. Thanks as always.

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

thanks for the recap DaDa.

I hope Daryl doesn't give away ANYTHING ae...even though I'd LOOOOVEEEE to hear what his plans and trade ideas are......but after that brandon roy saying too much to the public about us targeting brandon roy and portland heard it and stole him from us.......................I think that deal that we were gonna draft foye and give it to minnesota was overheard by the blazers and they drafted foye WITH THE SOLE INTENTION of trading him for brandon roy...pretty sure blazers would have drafted rudy gay if morey didn't go blabber on about us wanting roy and having a deal in place for him by drafting foye for the Timbrewolves and it spreading all over the internet on draftexpress etc

anyone know the truth??? I'm pretty sure what I said is pretty much true

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

thanks for the recap DaDa.

I hope Daryl doesn't give away ANYTHING ae...even though I'd LOOOOVEEEE to hear what his plans and trade ideas are......but after that brandon roy saying too much to the public about us targeting brandon roy and portland heard it and stole him from us.......................I think that deal that we were gonna draft foye and give it to minnesota was overheard by the blazers and they drafted foye WITH THE SOLE INTENTION of trading him for brandon roy...pretty sure blazers would have drafted rudy gay if morey didn't go blabber on about us wanting roy and having a deal in place for him by drafting foye for the Timbrewolves and it spreading all over the internet on draftexpress etc

anyone know the truth??? I'm pretty sure what I said is pretty much true and I have seen other people say the same

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How do you know Daryl Morey did the blabbing? He wasn't the GM during the draft.

8. Rox-Champion

Rox-Champion Member

Great job. Thanks DaDakota and BleedsRocketRed.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Thanks all for the recaps!

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

well thats why I said I wasn't all too sure and asked for confirmation. I'm pretty sure it was some Rockets Front Office Staff. I don't think I can zoom it down to Morey being the culprit. However those rumors of foye for roy + head was all over the internet.

I only said Morey because I think I remember someone else on this board saying it was him. But obviously no hard evidence. Its possible that it was him due to his inexperience I guess.

11. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

oh and we also had a deal of:

number 5 pick who the hawks were going to draft roy for us

for

number 8 pick who we were going to draft shelden williams for atlanta and we also include luther head.

but the stupid atlanta gm was afraid shelden williams wouldn't fall to number 8 and proceeded to boneheadedly take him directly at number 5. I think shelden williams' agent whos probably the most powerful influential agent on which team his clients end up also played a hand.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks, DD - I appreciate you 'being on it'.

I'm not sure how much I agree/disagree with you (or cson) on these:

1. Yao - forever. And glad of it. I just hope it's a long forever
    2. Tmac - I believe he is gone. Question is: is TMac more valuable this summer - or in February?
    3. Von - Of course there is a ceiling. I doubt he'll match Landry's deal (3/7.5 is my guess) and I doubt the Rox will wait as long on VW as they did on CL.
    4. Ron - Do they want to sign him, or SnT him?
    5. DM - is indeed a great GM. Absolutely.

And, if the quote from the Cronk (Feigan) is spot-on that Alexander will allow Rox to be buyers, then YES! Look out for June '10!

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Thanks for the recaps!

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Maybe the other team leaked the deal so they could sit back and see if anyone could top it.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I really hope Morey can have another successful offseason.

DD

1 person likes this.
  16. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Don't see how Morey could not be concerned about Yao's injury even if the break in his foot is minuscule. We'll see next year now that he has a full summer off, I never bought the argument that him playing for the Chinese team had anything to do with his injuries. Lets see if he can complete a full season without a broken bone foot injury.

Thanks for the recap guyx.

17. grambolo

grambolo Contributing Member

So Morey talked about being active in the draft. As of now, we have no picks, correct? I suppose we are going to trade for a pick?

18. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

So who is this Ocho Texto guy? Does he post on CF? I heard about him all the time on sportradio610

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Or there's a very high probability that they purchase a pick because of the current economic situation.

20. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Morey wasn't the GM of that draft but...

Jeff Van Gundy is on record in the media that Morey brought the Rudy Gay deal to Les. We can all choose to believe what we want. I'm with Gundy on this one.

1 person likes this.