1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610] Daryl Morey Interview (3/4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Hanbin

Hanbin Member

Thanks for the recap.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

agreed, thank you very much.

3. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

yao ming vs dwight howard discussion again, it never get's old :)
    thanks for the recap, just got on now too late for the live broadcast :D

4. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Thanks for the recap. With the right mactch-up we have a great chance of advancing.

5. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

thanks alot

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yes thank you, that is awesome of you to do that. :)

7. joesr

joesr Member

Thank you for the recap professorjay

8. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

In other words, we want him to play SG when he's on the court. Forget the facilitator, floor leader stuff. Those extra responsibilities hinder his game and his strengths. That's why we should start Lowry and let Brooks come off the bench to give us just his scoring, ex. Mike James in the 04-05 season. Let Lowry worry about starting up the offense, since he's more suitable for that.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't think the Rockets are looking to changing anything as long as we're winning. If Brooks's shoot slump persists through the upcoming tough schedule and we start to drop a lot of these games, I think a change is possible. But Adelman is a loyal coach, and he'll stick with his starters through rough stretches. It could take an injury to Aaron and very poor play for a good stretch for Lowry to take over that spot this year.

10. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

But our rotation's second unit consists of a bunch of finishers- Landry, Wafer mainly. No one on the second unit is a facilitator. Without a floor general the 2nd unit would be chickens with their heads cut off. On the first unit at least we have a tall ball handler in Artest and Yao who is doing a good job facilitating the offense after he is doubled teamed. I think Brooks' scoring ability does not conflict with Yao and Artest's offense because he can catch and shoot as well and Brooks also runs a mean pick and roll with Scola.

I can see Lowry finishing games though.

I think it'll come down to matchups against our opponent's personnel that determines who gets more playing time between our two PGs.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks for the recap!

Re: DD and Brooks:

OK, I hear that Our veterans don't care - - but I'll NEVER buy that!!!

12. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Thanks for the recap. Great work!

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Thanks, everyone.

And...
    [​IMG]

:p

14. Hanbin

Hanbin Member

Why not? Battier, Barry, Yao and Scola all strike me as the wins first stats second type through and through, Deke doesn't play hardly, Chuck is defense first.

So the only veterans I can think of who would care are Ron and T-mac, but T-mac is out so if he cares right now it doesn't matter anyway. And my guess is, Ron doesn't really care either as long as he gets to play basketball.