1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#6 Houston(The Pursuit of Perfection) vs Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If they hold the Coogs under 50 that should be considered a victory for them

2. Buck Turgidson

You scheduled a Teacher's College, what do you expect?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

No if you're cincy you go for 2 there because going up 17-12 with a pat does nothing for you. UH scores a fg you're still up. UH scores a Td you're still down. Atleast with a 2 or conversion you're up 2 fg or a Td with a missed pat at 18-12. Everything that happened after is hindsight. In that moment going for 2 is the correct call

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

But they did win the first ever game at TDECU Stadium. Those bastards

5. newAge_Rockets

That was UTSA

6. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

It was UTSA! I was so bummed that night. Had my ex who has just graduated from Notre Dame attend that for her first UH game.

She also attended last season's conference championship and the OU game.. and we watched Notre Dame lose to Texas the day after so it's all good :D

7. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

They made the touchdown look so easy. Might as well have tried to get the 2 points from the safety back while they had momentum. I thought it was smart.

8. Nook

Nook Member

I think the head coach expects an easy win after OU and then a short week playing on Thursday.

Having said that, top 25 teams shouldn't play teams like Lamar and Texas State. I am not picking on UH, almost every team in the top 25 does it.. It is just not good football. There are enough other interesting programs that almost every week should be a somewhat compelling game.

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I agree but it seems like it benefits these smaller schools to go up against these powerhouse programs. Maybe not on the field, but it does help create excitement for the game and their football team. Who knows, that small school might give that top school a run for their money. I'm sure when top 5 OKS scheduled their game against UH some years ago, they thought it was going to be a scrimmage.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Some of those teams get PAID for playing the big boys, almost like a 1/2 million right. If it circulates the money locally even better. I like to think teams like Alabama, OK, OSU, UCLA have all given Houston a shot the last few years, so it's payback for us to give some of those po boys a shot too.

Who is the last team to storm the field after a win against Houston, lol. We are BIG TIME now!

11. Buck Turgidson

I was just joking about SWT, but you're right. Teams should get 1 warmup game and then they should play 2 legit schools out of conference. Ala a UT playing ND/UTEP/Cal, something like that. TCU/LSU always schedule a legit OOC team or 2. I love that, love teams that aren't afraid...something Baylor something...

Fans want to see it too, nobody wants to watch [SEC TEAM] beat Wofford by 65 points, but it happens every year.

What year did OU schedule UH? Sometimes those "little" schools can get good in the years between the game being scheduled and played.

12. Buck Turgidson

Yes, they get paid enough money to cover their travel and help fund their football program for the rest of the year.

13. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

Remember two weeks ago when we beat some big time school??

These kind of games happen with all top 10 teams (besides Bama)

Just smoke a cigg and enjoy this sweet victory, and hope that Florida State takes out Lamar Jackson for the year but still some how loses to Louisville.

14. Buck Turgidson

Wasn't OU saying the same thing?

15. vince

vince Member

You were right it was only 24

16. the shark

the shark Member

Took care of business last night, and that's all that matters!!

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It really is. Kind of a benefit of playing on Thursday. Come Saturday night, all of the SIDs that vote in the Coaches Poll won't have watched or remembered the circumstances. All they'll see is a 40-16 win.

That said, it was a sloppy game. UH would be smart not to play Ward vs Tx St. They should be able to win easily without him and he needs the rest. With another Thursday game next week, they'll have had 3 games in 14 days. That's nuts. Sit Ward this week but keep him ready just in case.

18. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

You sure do hang out with your ex a lot.... haha

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Ward is about to get 8 days off. He'll be fine.

Take care of things and you can sit him the entire 4th quarter.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Youre right. Texas state beat us first game of season 2012. That was awful